DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

does your gymnsts clean the gym?

• yes

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • no

Votes: 33 56.9%

• Total voters
Not heard of gymnasts required to clean gym every day. The girls put away mats and I think sometimes have had to clean up when there is a big mess. I prefer my daughter use practice hours for practice; but I don't think it hurts to teach them to clean up after themselves and/or care about the mess they are making once in a while. I've taken private tennis lessons and they run around $90-$120/hour for the pro. Of that, I think at least 15 minutes is spent picking up the balls. I am not happy about it at all primarily because I don't like to pick up the stinkin' balls! But I use so many (because I am not very good :-D and it is the way it is.

Is the gym doing ok? Perhaps they had to get rid of the cleaning crew? You also said the gymnasts are now required to buy their own chalk? I don't know how serious the gym owner is about all this? Perhaps as other posters have indicated the girls are making such a big mess and using unreasonable amount of chalk that the owner is trying to make a point. BTW, former team members of my daughter have told us the gym owners have stuck bars of chalk in their gymnasts bags while attending meets. Now, that is totally unacceptable. Is chalk that expensive?

That is the first thing I thought, that perhaps the gym is trying to save money. However, taking chalk from other gym is teaching your gymnasts to steal and that is illegal.

That is the first thing I thought, that perhaps the gym is trying to save money. However, taking chalk from other gym is teaching your gymnasts to steal and that is illegal.

Agree. That is why many parents were understandably upset! They were sneaking the chalk in various girls gym bags. Unbelievable!

I would have an issue with this. Don't we pay the gyms enough money. The gym should be responsible for cleaning. If their are kids that are over using the chalk then they need to sit down with them and have a conversation about it. I have never seen a chalk mess at our gym at all so it wouldn't be an issue but I still think it's the gyms responsibility.

Cleaning between rotations (the the extent of running a vacuum) is a bit much. Did something happen recently with repeated large messes being made and they're trying to set an example?

THIS :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back