Coaches Gymnasts sweaty hands and feet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

Coach&Gymnst

On our team we have a gymnast who has EXTREMELY sweaty hands and feet. It is so bad that if she stands on the mat in one place to long she leaves a puddle. The problem is on bars. We always have her put chalk on before her turn and even sometimes in the middle of her turn but after doing one pullover her hands have no chalk on them and the bar is all slick. She is terrified to do a windmill because of her sweaty hands. So far everything we've tried has not worked well. We've tried lots of chalk(just sweated off), honey(sweated off before she even got to the bar), and little grips made out of tape(has worked best so far, but still has problems). Any suggestions, comments, personal experience, or anything is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This sounds like excess sweat! It might be something she has to see a doctor about. I know there are a few treatments for excess sweating, one of them being botox injections.

There is this sticky spray that works really well! I believe they sell it at DGS9.9, possibly ten-0, and at a lot of just regular sporting goods stores. I have never used it for gym, but it is the most amazing thing for pole vaulting in both really hot/humid weather, and even helps you hold tight in the rain.

Ok this isn't spray, but it is the DGS product I was thinking of. Tite-Grip: Grip Control Formula - DGS-TITEGRIP

Also try your local sporting goods store; some places have this type of product by baseball, others by extreme sports, and others just in the general area. Like I said, we have a spray we use for pole vaulting, but the label has worn off so I don't know the brand.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back