WAG gyms in NNJ

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomnewbie

Proud Parent
Hi all -
DD was a level 4 and we are looking at an out of state move - we've been at her current gym since she started recreational classes. Any advice on how to scout out where would be a good fit. there are not a lot of options in the area where DH might be working (more towards Newark area) so we decided to expand our search. but it's quite overwhelming. Short of calling lots of places and visiting ones that sound good, any advice?

I know nothing about the atmosphere of the place, but I believe North Stars will be less than half hour from Newark. Also believe ENA Paramus would be close. Maybe someone who would be familiar with the area can pipe in and say how they are

You try asking your current gym for help? Some gyms are happy to recommend other gyms when then won't be competing for the same talent pool.

Northstars and ENA are both about 45 minutes from Newark. You will probably live in Essex or Union county, which will make you a bit closer

Hi all -
DD was a level 4 and we are looking at an out of state move - we've been at her current gym since she started recreational classes. Any advice on how to scout out where would be a good fit. there are not a lot of options in the area where DH might be working (more towards Newark area) so we decided to expand our search. but it's quite overwhelming. Short of calling lots of places and visiting ones that sound good, any advice?
In North Jersey it really depends on where you think you will live. Working in Newark NJ means you can live down in Princeton or out in Summit or Maplewood. I would look at the top 3 towns you might move to and then look for gyms closer by. As for checking them out, call and ask to talk to the Head Coach about a potential try out when you are clearer about your move. Some gyms may or may not have room depending right now b/c of COVID restrictions.

Oh and I don't recommend MG Elite due to coaches/owner at this time. I would add Rebound in as a gym to check out if you move south of Newark.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back