Parents Gyms in Northern Virginia

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Blue

Proud Parent
We are looking for a gym for our about to be level 5 gymnast is Northern Virginia. We live in Alexandria and were considering MEGA. Anyone have any experience with this or other nearby gyms? Thanks!

I have competed against them before and watched their performances and honestly their form is not amazing, that Varys from gymnast to gymnast but still most of them don’t have too great of form. If it matters to you, their competition Leo’s look like American flags, like actually they look like they are competing for the country not the gym. Depending on how far you are willing to drive, I think Bull Run Academy of Gymnastics is great but a bit far. You will be going to a lot of the same meets with BRAG like Apollo invitational, sweetheart classic, lucky stars invitational, flower power invitational, Etc.

I have competed against them before and watched their performances and honestly their form is not amazing, that Varys from gymnast to gymnast but still most of them don’t have too great of form. If it matters to you, their competition Leo’s look like American flags, like actually they look like they are competing for the country not the gym. Depending on how far you are willing to drive, I think Bull Run Academy of Gymnastics is great but a bit far. You will be going to a lot of the same meets with BRAG like Apollo invitational, sweetheart classic, lucky stars invitational, flower power invitational, Etc.
That's helpful. Bull Run is too far, we are close in to DC. We could do other places in Arlington, Fairfax, etc. I don't think Capital is a good fit for my kid, although it is a good gym.

What about Cardinal? They aren't as high scoring as Capital but a smaller team. They seem to tend towards slightly older gymnasts (ie girls are 11-14 at L5 vs a typical 9-11yrs old) so that is something to understand.

The best thing you can do is actually do a trial at MEGA, Cardinal, etc. How she feels and fits in with the gym is a big deal.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back