Parents Gyms in Southern California (Manhattan Beach area)?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SHELOVESGYM

Proud Parent
Long story short we are starting to explore new gyms for our daughter. She is 7.5 and level 3. Her first meet did not go well (for not just my DD but all of the girls from our gym). In addition we just heard that DD's main coach will be leaving. She is in TOPS though I'm not sure that I have much faith in the new TOPS program that she's been in so I don't feel strongly that the new gym have TOPS. While there are several competitive gyms in the LA area it doesn't seem that there are many in our specific area -in fact I think we are at the only one somewhat close to us. We are willing to travel some distance but definitely would prefer that the gym be in the South and Western parts of the LA area -it will be our sitter doing the shuttling but we are still concerned that too much travel for our DD will be hard on her. Thanks in advance for any insight into gyms in the area. Studio West in Torrance is one name that's come up. Anyone have ideas about this one or others?

I am a bit intimidated by AOGC as my daughter is good but not a prodigy. Should I be. Maybe we will at least check it out.

I am a bit intimidated by AOGC as my daughter is good but not a prodigy. Should I be. Maybe we will at least check it out.
A former teammate of DD's went to AOGC because of a parent work transfer. She has done very well there and I wouldn't consider her a future Makayla Maroney. ;)

Reactions: sce
Just a little bit of caution in switching gyms in part because the first meet didn't go well. It is really hard to judge how well you gym does with training the girls vs other gyms based on the first meet at L3. Some gyms will train girls for 2 or even 3 years on pre team before they compete that first meet and some will commonly have girls compete a 2nd year of L3 while other gyms may have girls competing L3 their very first year on team. Some gyms are really picky about the level of talent they accept on team to start with while others are not, which means they are going to naturally score higher.
Now, if you are unhappy with the training, that is another story.

Not really sure about the geography portion here but JAG in culver city?

I agree with the above though, I would base it on the overall program and your goals rather than the first meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back