Gyms Reclosing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

beachgirl

Proud Parent
Judge
Just curious if anyone's gym has opened up legally, but then had to shut down again when cases surged? My daughter's gym is in an area with a very high number of cases and a lot of businesses that have been allowed to reopen have now had to shut down again.

I know of one gym in Texas that voluntarily reclosed when the cases started spiking. I am not sure if they are back yet.

Australia’s second largest city has just had to reclose all of its gyms. That state had a spike (192 new cases in a single day) so the city, whch is where most of the new cases are, is back to no back to no community sport, loses community centres, libraries and indoor recreation, take out only at restaurants, and only being able to leave the home for work, grocery shopping and exercise. The public health order is for six weeks.

Gyms had literally just reopened, and none of the new cases have been traced back to any form of sport.

The Houston gym that shut down is run by a larger community center that shut down across the board. I don't think any others have.

Yes. As JessSyd said that has happened to one large city in Australia. Most of Australia is open, with very very few cases. My state has not has a single community transmitted case in almost 2 months, and we have been open since June 1st.

But it doesn’t take much for it all to go backwards. In Melbourne they opened up the gyms on June 22nd, only to have to close again in several suburbs 9 days later. The rest of the city recluses after 2 weeks of being open and have gone into another 6 weeks lockdown. My guess is that when that lockdown ends in 6 weeks, it will still be at least another 6 before their gyms reopen.

I am seeing posts that kids are at huge camps.. and i didn't even see the coaches wearing masks.. girls were not 6ft apart.. i think it was Dragon camp? I am sorry but this pisses me off.. So these girls at these camps come home and then what? They go back to their gyms.. and expose all the ones at their gyms! BS!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back