Gyms that are open for childcare

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymnastMomX2

Proud Parent
What about gyms that are also licensed child care that never closed? https://www.facebook.com/pg/Texas-Academy-of-Gymnastics-Leander-181208029135271/posts/ This isn't my gym but I'm on their mailing list because we did a week of summer camp before. They just emailed reminding that they were open for childcare. Officially regular gymnastics classes aren't happening though. Thought it was interesting, what would stop a team member there from enrolling in "child care" to keep training?

What about gyms that are also licensed child care that never closed? https://www.facebook.com/pg/Texas-Academy-of-Gymnastics-Leander-181208029135271/posts/ This isn't my gym but I'm on their mailing list because we did a week of summer camp before. They just emailed reminding that they were open for childcare. Officially regular gymnastics classes aren't happening though. Thought it was interesting, what would stop a team member there from enrolling in "child care" to keep training?

I think you should start a whole new thread about this. I think it would be interesting to see how the "essential" part of the child care industry is working right now... maybe that could help gym clubs too.

Here is what we have for my state...

Our childcare centres in Australia never closed through the pandemic. Quite the opposite actually, they become free.

Childcare centres complained that they would be forced to closed if people kept pulling out. Parent complained they couldn’t go to work because the economic downturn meant they couldn’t afford childcare. So the government announced childcare would be fully subsidised.

Our childcare centres in Australia never closed through the pandemic. Quite the opposite actually, they become free.

Childcare centres complained that they would be forced to closed if people kept pulling out. Parent complained they couldn’t go to work because the economic downturn meant they couldn’t afford childcare. So the government announced childcare would be fully subsidised.

Amazing.

Reactions: SMH
Child care providers in Ohio could apply for a temporary Pandemic license after the governor closed them all down ... Only available for essential workers ... max of 6 children to a room with a minimum of 35 sq ft PER CHILD in the room. Max of 4 infants to 1 worker, but still no more than 6 children to the room. I have heard of 1 being open in the next town over.

I think you should start a whole new thread about this. I think it would be interesting to see how the "essential" part of the child care industry is working right now... maybe that could help gym clubs too.

Here is what we have for my state...

You asked for it!

Anyone here working in a day care right now?

I’m a nanny for three boys. In our area I’m essential and working for a doctor and an engineer. The engineer dad is working at the home office. The oncologist mom still goes to work with the occasional afternoon conference call at home. I’m homeschooling the oldest two with the public school emergency curriculum and doing preschool activities with the little one.

I’m a nanny for three boys. In our area I’m essential and working for a doctor and an engineer. The engineer dad is working at the home office. The oncologist mom still goes to work with the occasional afternoon conference call at home. I’m homeschooling the oldest two with the public school emergency curriculum and doing preschool activities with the little one.

Are there any special precautions that you are required to take besides the normal good hygiene stuff?

Not really. K, the mom showers as soon as she gets home, takes shoes off outside, etc. The boys and I were wiping high touch ares with Lysol wipes multiple times a day, but that has slowed.

The biggest difference, is the boys have not gone anywhere except walks with me and to the park for picnics and bike rides with their parents in six weeks. I live alone and only go to work, the grocery store and have just started walking outside again with a friend. The parents run necessary errands but are not socializing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back