Gyms that are open

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Please post the link (from the club's website or social media) that states that they are open as well. If there is no public statement from the club... the post will be removed from this thread. Please do NOT post emails... they are private.

Last edited:
I doubt you’ll see many website updates. Most gyms don’t update sites and since they will probably start with small groups they aren’t going to put that on a site. JMO.

A majority of the clubs in my area update their website on a regular basis. Whether they post about their initial reopening or contact certain customers directly is up to them as a business.

I drove past a gym near my house and I know for a fact that they’re still practicing, but will I tell on them no, is it messed up hell yeah, but it is what it is.

Please post the link (from the club's website or social media) that states that they are open as well. If there is no public statement from the club... the post will be removed from this thread. Please do NOT post emails... they are private.

Yes, we need to be very clear that only official & public, statements of opening can be posted here. Not emails, texts from coaches or booster clubs. This cannot be a thing of "gossip".

Here is the full post over at gymnasticscoaching.com...

What I would like to know is what percentage of gymnasts have actually returned to these gyms.

The one above is not open yet... just the published plan.

What I would like to know is what percentage of gymnasts have actually returned to these gyms.
I am sure it will be a mixed bag. Most of my kids friends for the most part say their parents are good with them being back. It also depends on the area. And some will wait it out, which is their choice for sure. Some may choose not to come back. It just is very fluid and depends on each family. So, heck....who knows!

I know of a gym in my county that is allowing a small number of gymnasts at a time and I know what they are doing is legal per the county health department and state guidelines. I will not say who they are as it is not on their website. It is not the gym that we attend.

One gym partially opened here in NC yesterday and police actually shut them down today.

Wow... super interesting... I've heard so many different things on how stuff like this would be handled.

I don’t know what it is like for you all in the US, but I know here that the rules can be confusing. Especially as the federal government makes one announcement and then the state governments a different one. Many rules and changes that are announced are changed, adjusted and clarified days later.

It’s probably not that straight forward in many areas to know whether or not you are even allowed to open and when you do, what you are and are not allowed to do.

Australian Gymnastics clubs are all still closed. We will know more tomorrow, after the government makes their next lot of announcements.

I don’t know what it is like for you all in the US, but I know here that the rules can be confusing. Especially as the federal government makes one announcement and then the state governments a different one. Many rules and changes that are announced are changed, adjusted and clarified days later.

It’s probably not that straight forward in many areas to know whether or not you are even allowed to open and when you do, what you are and are not allowed to do.

Australian Gymnastics clubs are all still closed. We will know more tomorrow, after the government makes their next lot of announcements.

Pretty similar in the US. It's very confusing!

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back