Parents Hair again.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 18037

So we can finally be done with the bun.

Daughter is wearing high pony. Which I love. Hair seems to whipping around a bit much. It's on the longer side.

Any pony adaptions we can use to keep the hair from whipping around bit still look like a pony?

Gotta be simple though. She is not a fancy kid. And she has bangs.

Thanks

My DD was so happy to be done with the mandatory bun her gym had but soon realized the ponytail was annoying as well (she said it was always smacking her in the face on bars). She did what was suggested above, high pony and then pull it through like a messy bun. It was adorable. She just recently cut several inches off and competed her last meet with just a pony. I was sad to see the length gone but it's what she wanted :(

Ladies, I am trying to talk her into the loop. She is currently not biting.

I may have to resort to loop or loose 4 inches........ or put the bun back up in

I love a few braids looped.

She is so non adventurous with her hair. :confused:

What if you did a Middle of the head Pony tail with a Topsy tail (where you pull the pony through the middle). That would make the "tail" part be closer to the dead and maybe not flip around as much? still looks neat and pretty too.

Forgot to add anything that looks remotely messy would give the coach a stroke and the bun would back in a NY minute.
I french braid the top (DD has bangs so this is how we hide them) stop into high pony. And really secure the half loop which makes it look really, really cute....

What if you did a Middle of the head Pony tail with a Topsy tail (where you pull the pony through the middle). That would make the "tail" part be closer to the dead and maybe not flip around as much? still looks neat and pretty too.
That's exactly what Ieast but couldn't explain it well.

Love the Topsy Tail look, use it on my hair. She will have none of it.

mine does double french braids and then elastic the two together on her upper back. you can see her upside down in my pic and that's as far as her hair goes when she's flipping or on bars.

it's easy for what is needed on floor - i don't know how the kids in levels 3,4, and 5 do their backwards roll thingys with buns. dd's hair is flat against her head and out of her face.

my ODD needed to have it done for dance so i had to learn how to do it but it still took some tears and many re-do's in the beginning until i could get it down.

We do a high pony, separate it into three parts, braid each part, and then braid those into one big braid. DD loves it. I think it looks just ok. But, no more anxiety on my part about the bun staying put and it takes less time to do, so I go with it.

Her hair doesn't hold a curl for 5 mins.

My dd does theater and they just taught a the hairstyles required, including how to curl hair. There is a way to get curls to stay better! I can explain if you want. Wish I had this information when I was younger.

mine does double french braids and then elastic the two together on her upper back. you can see her upside down in my pic and that's as far as her hair goes when she's flipping or on bars.

it's easy for what is needed on floor - i don't know how the kids in levels 3,4, and 5 do their backwards roll thingys with buns. dd's hair is flat against her head and out of her face.

my ODD needed to have it done for dance so i had to learn how to do it but it still took some tears and many re-do's in the beginning until i could get it down.

My daughter has hair almost past her butt so she can't have any kind of pony tail- the only way she can stand a bun while doing backward rolls is if it's right against her neck and on the side- so a side pony, low, and then the bun. Luckily her hair is long but fine and not crazy thick so I can tuck in the bun so it doesn't bother her.

My dd does her bun high enough so that she does not roll on it. She literally stands against the wall and pulls the hair up to ensure it is high enough to be out of the way.

My dd does theater and they just taught a the hairstyles required, including how to curl hair. There is a way to get curls to stay better! I can explain if you want. Wish I had this information when I was younger.
Please tell! My dds gym requires a curled pony. Last year the curl came out very quickly on my ODD even though she has wavy hair. It has grown even longer (to her bum) so will need that curl this year to shorten it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back