Parents Hair bows???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Monkeygirlsmom

Proud Parent
I am looking into making bows for the kids hair for competition so they look more alike.

Anyhow do your kids have bows for there hair etc? can I see a pic that way I can think of ideas to get me started (thinking I should get started so they have them in time and also so I have time to play with it all LOL

I think I've seen maybe 1 or 2 girls ever compete with bows in their hair. The majority use a scrunchie around a bun or their ponytail. Bows seem like they would come loose easily and may also be a bother when doing something like a back extension roll.

Before you get into making them, ask the team coaches what they want the girls to wear(or not) in their hair----many gyms do have a specific rules for hair.

Scrunchies here too. I have seen them made by using a pony tail holder and strips of fabric. Tie the fabric strips around the holder.

A couple of times Tess wore the fabric ones like gymmontc2e6 described, but both of my girls and their teammates prefer scrunchies. They have ones that match their competition leos.

Our girls have scrunchies also but they also have a bun cover that is made of something similar to fishnet and has rhinestones all over it so they really sparkle. Only problem is that they can really bother the girls when doing anything with their heads like forward rolls or backward rolls.

Our kids wear scrunchies around their buns or ponytails. If the company doesn't sell then to match, a lot of times you can get scrap fabric from the leo company to match the leo. All you do is cut a 6x3 inch strip, sew it in a tube, and then get 4 or 5 inches of elastic and thread it through the tube. Sew the ends of the elastic together and then the ends of the fabric tube together and voila! You've got matching scrunchies!

our gym requires all the girls to wear a bun with a buncover and a matching hair scrunchy that they have made for the competitive leo by GK. the girls can add glitter to their hair and tons of hair spray so there are no flyaways but that is it.

def no cheerleader! I had made a korker bow (small) and a coach mentioned to me it would b nice if they had something like that for comp
that is what made me start thinking this

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back