Parents Hair removal for young gymnast?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Has anyone taken their young daughter in for waxing? I think mine is getting close to needing some removal. I think it's mostly in the middle so it's okay for the leo, but it's only a matter of time. She's gotten a lot more modest lately so I'm not sure. I think she is using my razor for under arms.

What do most older/post puberty gymnasts do?

Not a gymnast but swimmer, we all shaved way back when, waxing from earlier is probably a much better option. Please talk to your DD about it , my best friend was teased mercilessly about hair because her mum never talked about removal and she was scared to remove it without her approval.
My 11 yo has an electric shaver for legs and armpits I will discuss bikini line fairly soon with her and give her the waxing option.

Has anyone taken their young daughter in for waxing? I think mine is getting close to needing some removal. I think it's mostly in the middle so it's okay for the leo, but it's only a matter of time. She's gotten a lot more modest lately so I'm not sure. I think she is using my razor for under arms.

What do most older/post puberty gymnasts do?

I mostly wore shorts with my gym suit if that is an option for your girl during training.
If she needs hair removal for competition (or even training leos) I stand strongly behind my statement that you should encourage waxing.

Benefits:
- The hair grows back 'soft' and not prickly or itchy
- less in-grown hairs (just be sure to exfoliate the waxed area in each shower)
- potential to grow back less and less each time
- Can go a month+ between appointments (where as I find i get too much irritation if I shave too often/ as fast as the hair grows back after shaving)

Not a gymnast but swimmer, we all shaved way back when, waxing from earlier is probably a much better option. Please talk to your DD about it , my best friend was teased mercilessly about hair because her mum never talked about removal and she was scared to remove it without her approval.
My 11 yo has an electric shaver for legs and armpits I will discuss bikini line fairly soon with her and give her the waxing option.

I briefly have talked to her. She's a little uncomfortable, but I will keep bringing it up. Maybe I'll get it done too! :p

I don't know much about laser or electrolysis... might have to research that as well.

I briefly have talked to her. She's a little uncomfortable, but I will keep bringing it up. Maybe I'll get it done too! :p

I don't know much about laser or electrolysis... might have to research that as well.

I honestly can't imagine taking my 11 year old in for a waxing. She's super self conscious/modest. For now she's shaving, though bikini line isn't an issue as of yet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back