Parents Halloween practice (1 day survey)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Is today's late afternoon/evening practice canceled?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NY Dad

Proud Parent
If your dd/ds gym would normally have late afternoon/evening practice today, is it canceled?

So..my son usually practices 2-6. tonight it is 2-4:30. All practices end at 6. So if you usually practice at 5 or 6, it is cancelled.

DD's practice was canceled. DS's wasn't. DS would rather trick or treat than go to practice so we are skipping it.

The coaches and parents seem to hate it but they dont cancel but say they understand if you miss. Evidently there are aways a couple kids who come in so they dont want to close. I think its silly. I am glad we dont have gym tonight so I dont have to worry about it! If she did she would leave early or miss--probably miss.

So..my son usually practices 2-6. tonight it is 2-4:30. All practices end at 6. So if you usually practice at 5 or 6, it is cancelled.

I know that D does aofified school schedule, but for the other kids, is school just really early there? My kids haven't gotten done before 8:00 since they moved to team 7 years ago! 6:00 sounds amazing, but would never work with schools around here. Middle school kids get off the bus at 5:00, if you do car rider you can pull out of the lot at 4:30 if you get there to be first in line by 3:45. High school school gets out at 3:30. Practices go until at least 8:00, many until 9:00.

I know that D does aofified school schedule, but for the other kids, is school just really early there? My kids haven't gotten done before 8:00 since they moved to team 7 years ago! 6:00 sounds amazing, but would never work with schools around here. Middle school kids get off the bus at 5:00, if you do car rider you can pull out of the lot at 4:30 if you get there to be first in line by 3:45. High school school gets out at 3:30. Practices go until at least 8:00, many until 9:00.

If you are in this practice, you are on some sort of modified schedule. The kids range from 4th-10th grade right now. All the schools are very willing to work with you that we have seen. It does require some summer/online school, but it isn't too bad.

The coaches and parents seem to hate it but they dont cancel but say they understand if you miss. Evidently there are aways a couple kids who come in so they dont want to close. I think its silly. I am glad we dont have gym tonight so I dont have to worry about it! If she did she would leave early or miss--probably miss.
Not everyone celebrates Halloween. So if a coach doesn’t have little kids they need to do Halloween with they might want to just run practice for those that don’t. Sitting at home with practice cancelled on a holiday you don’t celebrate is no fun either. That kind of compromise - come if you want, have fun if you don’t - is good for everyone.

Team cancelled but rec classes were not, team is easy to makeup later but re-scheduling rec is a lot tougher and a money loss.

Entire gym closing early. DD isn’t going as she is recovering from a minor injury and the gym is 40 minutes away. Just doesn’t seem worth it for an hour or so of practice as her group’s practice is short and late today anyway. Most of the kids in my daughter’s group aren’t going to practice but most of the kids in the groups that start earlier are going for the shortened practice.

Rec and Team are both cancelled. We used to have the option of practice until HC became a parent : ) I like it cancelled, they don't have to feel torn because they want to be a kid but feel that they could use the time in the gym. I find it hard enough to get kids home from school and ready to go out for Halloween before the doorbell starts ringing with trick - or -treaters. I'm glad I don't have to drive to a shorten practice. I enjoy not having to make a choice. I will add our weather stinks this year and I have a sick kid so we probably will not be doing anything but a night at home, my pajamas and a dozen bags of candy sounds just fine to me!

Our coach emailed a few weeks ago asking who was planning to be at practice tonight. Since only a few kids are planning to be there she combined early and late practice to just an early group. We are going to the early practice, then going trick or treating in a neighborhood near the gym.

Yes. Regular practice on Halloween always canceled and rescheduled to another day. Our kids have already had their make up.

And our former gym also closed for Halloween.

DDs current gym cancels. It’s the first of any of her gyms to do so, but it was fairly common for her to be the only person to show up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back