WAG Hand "adjustment" issues on uneven bars..?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ever since the beginning of spring, I have started to develop issues about how my hand placement is when I do skills (especially kips) on bars. I do not know if this is just a personal problem that I am having, but I'm trying to find somebody who can help/relate?
For example, my grips (no dowell's) have to be at a specific placement when I do skills. I was never very picky about this since recently. When my grips aren't around the bar the way I like it, I can not do the skill. This has been becoming more and more common.. Which is obviously effecting my gymnastics.
I am not sure if the grips are starting to ware out, or if I am just being too picky about this but any tips/advice would be helpful?
Speaking of grips, I tried dowell's recently and I am not so sure about them. They were nice, but I feel as if they would take awhile to adjust in to. So overall, any hand placements/grip advice, etc would be nice! Thank you

Since you are having some grip/hand placement issues maybe it is time to switch to dowels. Though, do give yourself time to adjust.

How long have you had those grips, what level are you, what skills are you working on, how old/how big are your hands? Sounds like it may be time for new grips.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back