WAG Handstand: Shrug Pop Shoulders Up?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When I do a gymnastics handstand, should I shrug/pop my shoulders up when holding the position with arms up?

1628803159510.png

Attachments

• 1628803136729.png
    1628803136729.png
    436.8 KB · Views: 18
Kind of an interesting question as there are really different ways to do it.

In women's gymnastics... the "international body line" requires that you push your shoulders out as high as possible towards the ears. Almost rotating your shoulder blades to the side of the body.

In men's gymnastics the shoulders are extended... but not to such a crazy position.

You will see the "international body line" from gymnasts such as the one below...

This is an extremely hard handstand to hold compared to one that is a little less extended.

Not sure if I am really explaining this right... someone help me out here.

In women's gymnastics... the "international body line" requires that you push your shoulders out as high as possible towards the ears. Almost rotating your shoulder blades to the side of the body.

In men's gymnastics the shoulders are extended... but not to such a crazy position.

You will see the "international body line" from gymnasts such as the one below...

This is an extremely hard handstand to hold compared to one that is a little less extended.

Can you give me a time second position for the youtube video? Is it at second 23 ?

Also, I didn't know Men and Women have different handstand muscle positions

Thanks,

Also, isn't this the same as Shugging shoulders Up as I mentioned? Side and Up?

"In women's gymnastics... the "international body line" requires that you push your shoulders out as high as possible towards the ears. Almost rotating your shoulder blades to the side of the body."

Also, isn't this the same as Shugging shoulders Up as I mentioned? Side and Up?
Forward and up... side and up... back and up... all totally different things... that's what I am trying to say.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back