Off Topic Happy Holidays!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
Happy holidays to all! Wishing everybody the best for your holidays of choice!

Do you have any cool holiday traditions? Have any fun plans? Get any cool gifts? Tell us all about it here!

There are three holidays that I observe in December.
The first is Hanukah (which has already concluded this year), which my wife and her family and a few family friends celebrate together.
The second is Christmas, for which my dad's side of the family gets together every year to exchange gifts and, on the last night of the gathering, to crowd around the piano and sing Christmas carols. (Which is slightly ironic, since nobody in the family is Christian)

And the third is Winter Solstice -- which is today! Winter Solstice is one of the world's most ancient holidays, celebrated throughout many cultures around the world and throughout human history. It marks the point where the days stop getting colder and darker, and the warmth and light of summer begin their gradual return. So happy Winter Solstice to all! May that which is cold and dark in your life recede, and may that which is warm and bright grow!

Happy holidays to all! Wishing everybody the best for your holidays of choice!

Do you have any cool holiday traditions? Have any fun plans? Get any cool gifts? Tell us all about it here!

There are three holidays that I observe in December.
The first is Hanukah (which has already concluded this year), which my wife and her family and a few family friends celebrate together.
The second is Christmas, for which my dad's side of the family gets together every year to exchange gifts and, on the last night of the gathering, to crowd around the piano and sing Christmas carols. (Which is slightly ironic, since nobody in the family is Christian)

And the third is Winter Solstice -- which is today! Winter Solstice is one of the world's most ancient holidays, celebrated throughout many cultures around the world and throughout human history. It marks the point where the days stop getting colder and darker, and the warmth and light of summer begin their gradual return. So happy Winter Solstice to all! May that which is cold and dark in your life recede, and may that which is warm and bright grow!
We celebrate Hanukkah too! I'm Jewish and though my husband is not we celebrate Hanukkah to remember our heritage! It's an amazing family bonding time.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

We celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve, going back to when my dad worked the 12am-8am shift. His days off were Tuesday and Wednesday unless it was a holiday. He worked ALL holidays. For Christmas, he would work overtime so the other guys had time to spend with their families on Christmas morning. Sometimes, he would work 8pm Christmas Eve - 12pm Christmas Day. This year, we will be celebrating even earlier in the day because my younger brother has a church thing that evening at 5pm.

Then, on New Years Eve (if there was snow on the ground), my older brother and I would go out at 11 pm and "Write" the current year in the snow. Then even bigger, we would do the upcoming year. Back into the house until the ball dropped. "Happy New Year" cheers, then back out to cross out the previous year. We did this without leaving any "extra" tracks in the snow of our side yard.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back