Don't Lurk... We've Got Answers!

New For 2022
MEMBERS ONLY Parent Group!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lil'gymnast

i want to get my giants on the regular bars (with straight legs).

R

rainmonkey03

To start taking gymnastics lessons, and to move out of my parents house.

JBS

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Sep 3, 2005
Wisconsin
I have tons of them...I'll just stick to the one for this site.

I want to develop this site into a great gymnastics resource. I started the forums about 15 months ago. I have not really put any effort into it until the last 3 or 4 months. We almost have 1000 posts. I would like to have over 5,000 posts by the end of next year. So my resolution is to constantly promote and be a part of The Chalk Bucket.

G

gracefulone

I have three. One was from my mom, one from my friend, and one I decided on. I'll put them in that order.
1) hang out w/ friends more. This is b/c my friends and I are so busy all the time that sometimes we just assume we're all busy even when we aren't.
2)be more flirty w/my crushes. One has a girlfriend, though.
3) start running more.I used to, when I din't have cheer practice, but then I stopped making time for it. I had an easier time on floor when I was running. I want to start out w/ between 3-5 miles a week.

B

beamqueen

my new year goals

Well i have a few that i would like done by 2008

1. BHS on the high beam
2. FWO on the high beam
3. Back layout on the floor
4. 1/1 turn kips
5.Move up a level:eek:

F

flipflop

1. double back on floor
2. double full on floor
3. get better grades in school:(

G

gracefulone

Now that it's August, I thought we could use a checkup on how we're all doing!
My original goals: 1) hang out w/ friends more.
2)be more flirty w/my crushes.
3) start running more.
The results:
1) Yes, I did. All of my friends getting thier license helped a lot.
2) no comment. my friend is crazy!
3) Yes! during the school year, I kept up at least 7 miles a week.(goal of 3-5) During the summer, I 've been running at least an hour a day. Sometimes, I'll do my morning run, then do another one at night. My favorite is running up to my highschool, just looking at the pole vault stuff-so peaceful, then if it's my night run, I'll stop at my old elementary school and do pole vault drills/conditioning on the monkey bars.

How's everyone else doing??

JBS

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Sep 3, 2005
Wisconsin
I have tons of them...I'll just stick to the one for this site.

I want to develop this site into a great gymnastics resource. I started the forums about 15 months ago. I have not really put any effort into it until the last 3 or 4 months. We almost have 1000 posts. I would like to have over 5,000 posts by the end of next year. So my resolution is to constantly promote and be a part of The Chalk Bucket.

My goals were above....I think we're doing quite well. Thanks for the update gracefulone.

T

TNTgymnast158

Now that it's August, I thought we could use a checkup on how we're all doing!
My original goals: 1) hang out w/ friends more.
2)be more flirty w/my crushes.
3) start running more.
The results:
1) Yes, I did. All of my friends getting thier license helped a lot.
2) no comment. my friend is crazy!
3) Yes! during the school year, I kept up at least 7 miles a week.(goal of 3-5) During the summer, I 've been running at least an hour a day. Sometimes, I'll do my morning run, then do another one at night. My favorite is running up to my highschool, just looking at the pole vault stuff-so peaceful, then if it's my night run, I'll stop at my old elementary school and do pole vault drills/conditioning on the monkey bars.

How's everyone else doing??
who are you??

did u send me mail on purpose

G

gracefulone

So are we going to bring this back to life for next year???

I would! I'm still doing very well on my resolutions. My friends and I always have fun; and we've even ended up at open gyms. Running has been harder since school started and it's gotten colder, but I work out at the Y after I work. I'm still making at least 6 miles a week, so not too shabby.

hunde2

Nov 5, 2007
My daughter wants to make her backhandspring backhandspring on high beam.
She would also like to have her 1/1 twist and 1 1/2 twist back that she is a little confused on now.

MartinaE

Mar 14, 2007
Germany
YAY! :)
So....I would like to get into creating websites more and hope I can put a few online plus redesigning our current site. I hope to get to use everything I`m learning at school right now.
I also hope to attend some gym competitions.
Then I hope to find some job - and hopefully a good one I like.
And most of all I hope for my family and me to be healthy!

G

gracefulone

back to life for '08

New year, new resolutions.

My biggest one this year is with one of my other friends; to make our school more eco-friendly, starting with recylcing. It's a big job, but we're both passionate.

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Jan 21, 2007
Baltimore, MD
-Get into full competetive shape on rings, floor, and vault, and start competing again (if I can find out how)
-Get my career as a freelance musician off the ground

G

gracefulone

Good luck! I hope you do well. I am considering one more goal. Two college girls my mom works with trained for and ran a marathon last year and they want me to do it with them this year. I've never been a great runner, but I like running because I feel like I lose myself. I let go of everything. Sometimes I run with my favorite music, othertimes just myself. I'm so busy, but in the summer, I'd go out running twice a day without any idea where I was going to end up. It would be a huge challenge to run the Chicago marathon, but I feel like if I could just finish it, I would be so proud of myself. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up liking it. Although 26 miles is a lot more than I've ever done! :p

G

gracefulone

Revival for 2009. This year I have 7 resolutions.

1) I want to be more aware of the things going on around me. I’ve started to realize all the things I miss by trying to move too quickly.
2) Make a final decision about college…and then BRING IT wherever I end up. Cough, Cough, starting an IC group on campus.
3)Get really serious about track season. I want to make this my year, and prepare for being on a college team.
4) Make my move class rank wise. I’m fourth. I want to move up at least one spot. 5) Help our IC club make a successful transition into a new era any way that I can. (A lot of us seniors will be leaving, and we want to make sure the rest of the group has the tools to keep going).
6) Scholarships! I need them.
7) Let myself loose. See what I can do. I know there has to be something more, and I resolve to find it!

MartinaE

Mar 14, 2007
Germany
YAY! :)
So....I would like to get into creating websites more and hope I can put a few online plus redesigning our current site. I hope to get to use everything I`m learning at school right now.
I also hope to attend some gym competitions.
Then I hope to find some job - and hopefully a good one I like.
And most of all I hope for my family and me to be healthy!

I did manage to find a job during the year - yay! :) And I made it to 5 gymnastics competitions over the year which is not bad at all for me. :D

I just did not get very far with my webdesign yet - so I will keep this up as resolution for 2009!
Still the most important thing is to stay healthy though - in this case the last year has not been all that pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.