Parents Hardest Skill To Acquire

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just had to come back to this post, I got random videos from the gym this week of a swing half+giant and a blind change+front giant. 2+ years from when she first started doing giant 1/4 turn drills spotted. Technically still on a single rail though, so maybe next year she will put them between bars. I really thought it would never click. lol ;)

So basically I'm trying to make my Kip and it's really hard and I know that if I give up I will never make it so I always stay positive and not negative does anyone have any advice for me to help ♥️
I've always thought that the hardest skill to get is the next one. Whatever that is lol. I think it was BHS, then circles on mushroom, then kip, then giants (on 3 events), then fulls, then release moves, then flops. It just always seems to be "the next one" lol.

So basically I'm trying to make my Kip and it's really hard and I know that if I give up I will never make it so I always stay positive and not negative does anyone have any advice for me to help ♥️
I mean, my first advise would be to ask your coach for help of course. Getting 1 or 2 clear points to work on focussed at a time can really help, and your coach can tell you what you need to improve. I'm sure people here could give advise too if they saw a video or something, but coach would be my first advise.
(If you're curious, common issues are trying to pull your legs to the bar too early, lacking strength/explosivity/energy, and not shifting wrists. Pulling the feet up too high at the start of the glide swing can also make it harder imo.)
Also, something that sometimes helps me is looking at some youtube videos where people do a skill very well, and then putting it on speed 0.25 or something. Helps me understand the skills better, but it doesn't work for everyone.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back