Parents Has anybody bought any of those "secrets of gymnastics" programs?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DH is looking at those "secrets of level 5" e books that you can get. they are 38$, and I was wondering if anyone has looked at them. Does anyone have a good book or DVD they can recommend?

DD is doing really well, I think he is just trying to find out 1) how he can get a better idea of how the scoring goes [I just tell him if you think it looks out of place, it's definitely a deduction!] and 20 is there anything we could be doing at home to help her.

I think we are getting a case of OCD on this one, but I thought I would put it out there to see what ya'all thought.
Snowbound

I have a whole library of gymnastic "self-help" books, e-books & DVD's:rolleyes:. What has helped my DD the most...privates with a good supportive coach:D. A coach that will give corrections specific to your DD, that your DD will actually take corrections from & make the changes. If you want to invest more money in your DD training/progress...I would say put it toward privates. I've been there & tried everything believe me:p. I now leave coaching to the coaches & I'm the cheerleader with the check book,LOL:D. JMHO.

I agree with Gymjourneymom. I too have some books and dvd's but have found that the coach/athlete relationship is the most important. Gymnastics is a very trusting sport and the kids really have to trust, respect, listen to and work well with the coaches. My dd just started privates and have found that the one on one attention really helps her.

I, too, agree with GJM> I actually DID buy that book right as DD was going into Level 5, and let me tell you, it WILL make you crazy. Then you, or at least I did, have a tendencey to try to "coach" your poor DD along with the coaching you're paying for. If there's something that really needs help, a few privates with a good coach can do wonders (as mentioned above). Otherwise, you'll drive yourself crazy with that book!!!

"I'm the cheerleader with the checkbook" has to be one of the best gym quotes ever...you need to put that on a t-shirt!!!

"I'm the cheerleader with the checkbook" has to be one of the best gym quotes ever...you need to put that on a t-shirt!!!
Hey, you may be onto something, GMF!!! I could sell T-shirts, in the parking lot at meets, from the truck of my car:cool:! I could finance my DD's privates that way:p! "Wanna buy a T-shirt?", LOL!:D

Hey, you may be onto something, GMF!!! I could sell T-shirts, in the parking lot at meets, from the truck of my car:cool:! I could finance my DD's privates that way:p! "Wanna buy a T-shirt?", LOL!:D

LOL I LOVE it!!! You should make a bumper sticker at zazzle.com and sell them!!

I am still waiting for the creator of the CB to start selling Chalk bucket t-shirts and bumper stickers and stuff. :p:p:p hint hint!!!!

LOL, I want a T-shirt that says:

"If she hadn't fallen on beam....." :D

sparky

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back