Have some old leos? Here is an idea!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mariposa

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Last night at gym, DD and her L4 teammates all got at least one and some got 2, hand-me-down leos from a L6 that had grown out of them. Us moms were completely confused, one by one as we noticed our girls had different leos on than they had arrived with. Most of them were so excited that they put it on OVER their leo and wore it the rest of practice. They all came out so thrilled with their new leos from their teammate. :)

So, if you have some leos that don't fit, maybe consider handing them down to the younger gymmies! I think this girl gave them to the coach and she helped them only get ones that actually fit so everyone could get at least one. :)

My little DD came jome in a new to us leo last week, she got it the same way. SO in return we sent one of older DD's for a child at gym. FUn to see the leos go around isn't it.

Awww, how sweet! I know last year DD's "old" coach (still sad to write that *sigh*) gave the girls choice of one of her old leos when they did something special or won a contest. My DD has two & really treasures them. We've given away team leos to younger friends too! My DD has recently outgrown her CM sized leos. Got over three years out of some. May try to find a younger gymie on L4 maybe to pass them too but most are about my DD's size. At this new gym, many of the L4's are same age or older than my L5 is, LOL

I like when I pass leos down to younger girls because when they wear it I can say "Hey! That's a super cute leo! Who ever picked it out must have amazingly good taste!"

Sami's HS team does that--the graduating seniors pass down their leos to younger kids. At Beth's gym we actually have a used leo sale as a fundraiser for the booster club--twice a year we do it in the lobby (with owner's permission). We make over $1000 each time.

That's great, that Abby benefitted from the generosity of another gymmie! They get so excited by new leos!

We have been recipients of *many* used leos over the past few years. There have been definite advantages to being the smallest on the team! We've in turn passed down a few, although not many. Bean grows pretty slowly, so often by the time they don't fit, they're not really in any condition to be given to anyone else. We were able to give away her old tank competitive suit, from her 1st year competing as it had only been worn at 3 competitions.

I like the idea of the used leo sale. What a great way to make some extra booster club money!

Our club organizes a second hand suit sale for competitive members at the beginning of every season - its a great opportunity to pick up "new" leos and pass along the ones we no longer wear (while getting something for them). Old club also did it but it was open to both rec. & competitive and the first few dollars went to the club as a fundraiser...DD loves it!

DDs old gym had a used leo sale and it was a great fundraiser and way to get "new" leos for your kid for a great price and help out a teammate. :)

She already wore them this week and loves them. All the girls wore theirs the next day. LOL.

Abby hands hers down to Mimi, though she hasn't actually grown out of any except 2 so far. I think her legs just grow, not her body. LOL. If Mimi does something else (cross fingers) then we can hand them down, too. :)

I hand my old leo's down to my younger sister, and when she outgrows them, we either sell them on ebay or hand them down to other girls at the gym. Three of my old coaches handed down their leo's, and some of them fit me :) Haha, cause i am 14 and the oldest on the team, i never get hand-me downs :(.

At our gym once a year we have a used leo sale and every one donates their old leos and all the money goes to the booster club and gets spilt between every girl. And all the moms voluntree to help out and it runs for a week. Its always lots of funn, our gym has done it forever i remember getting leos from it before i was on team and they are always really cheap like 5 to 15 dollars.

How sweet. I know one of the girls at our gym did that. We also were given a comp leo a couple of years ago that was donated.

I like the system my gym has for competition leos. Technically the gym owns them and we rent them for a season, that way the parents don't have to dish out a bunch of money when their child grows a ton. We get enough money to get new team leos about every 2-3 years.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back