Parents Heading to New Orleans tomorrow

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We are heading to New Orleans tomorrow for a gym meet. The girls compete Sunday at Tulane University. They are excited. We will spend the weekend there. All the girls are at the same hotel and most are heading there Friday night. We plan to shop, eat beignets, sightsee and relax. El competes at 8 Sunday morning and Em at 10! :) Wish us luck. This will be El's first meet since walking off the floor at the Mobile meet and getting a 5.8 for not finishing the routine. She now knows what to do if she makes a major mistake. She did great at gym last night. Best I have seen her floor look yet. Emma had a case of the sillies last night and wasn't as focused, but I know she will pull it together for the meet. :)

Oh how much fun is that? I loved parts of NoLa, especially the Gumbo shop restaurant, ate one of the best meals I have ever eaten there.

Good luck to her for the meet and have a blast, what a great road trip.

Sounds like a ball! Good luck to El and Em and I hope they do great:)

We are back! :)

We had so much fun! We shopped on Friday night. Sat we got up and headed up just walking. We walked to Jackson Square, Riverwalk, and all around. Met up with friends and went back to Jackson Square, French Market, road the trolley, and met up with more friends for dinner at Bubba Gumps. :)
Sunday morning we got up at 5:30. Got everyone up and around. Eating breakfast by 6:60. Out the door by 7:15 for an 8 am meet. The drive was supposed to be 10 minutes from the hotel. Well, there was construction going on and a marathon was being run. We go there by 8:15. LOL LATE. Not good. We were the 3rd set of parents there. Coaches weren't there yet. Thank goodness the meet directors were nice as everyone was caught in the detouring due to the marathon shutting most of the streets down.
Ellie my level 2 did well. :) AA was 35.something for third place all around. :) First place on vault and second place on bars. :) She did well. Got a gold, sivler and bronze medal. Plus chocolate. and scrunnciis, bag and hot sauce.
Emma did really well too-my level 3. Her AA was 36.055. She got a 9.425 on bars. El got a 9.4 on bars. LOL Em got a 9.3 on floor. Her foot slipped on beam doing the pushup postition-she held it but it slipped a little-got high 8.77 on it and eight something on vault. She got a third place on bars and fifth on beam with a seventh overall.
We stayed and watched her best friend compete level four. :) We had a great weekend. :) So much fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back