Healing Fairies Needed for Teammate

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

B Gymnast

Last night we had a midnighter for team at the gym. It was supposed to be a fun night, but it didn't turn out that way for my teammate. Me and Zoe were working on our piroettes on bars, and when she went for hers she leaned over way too far and slipped off the bar. She reached her hands out in front of her to catch her fall. I saw the whole thing and it was really scary. My coach could tell that her elbow was dislocated, so they called the ambulance and she was taken to the hospital. Her parents were out of town and she was staying with me, so my coach had to go in the ambulance with her and her grandma would meet them at the hospital. Her mom had to fly home late last night. They found out that her elbow is broken and dislocated. She's having surgery right about now. She is going to be out of the gym for 3 months, and we are supposed to be going to Flipfest and Mizzou camp together this summer.. But I guess that won't happen.. But please send some healing fairies her way so she'll be able to come back strong and hopefully compete next season.

I hope she makes a fast recovery! The same thing happened to one of my friends, but on floor. Sending healing fairies her way!

Hope she gets better soon! Ive seen 2 people dislocate and break their elbows. Scary stuff. one quit gym for a few reasons and the other dislocated it last november and has competed all year and now is back to normal and better than ever. Hope she feels better soon! got to be a nightmare for those parents!

Im sure that was very scary to see. I hope your friend is on the mend soon. And is able to get back in the gym in 3 months and get back to her old self

This exact injury happened to my dd. Her arm is still crooked. I hope it goes well in surgery, and she doesn't have the bad experience that we did. What a rotten injury!

Will keep her in our prayers for fast recovery. Same injury happened last hear this time to one of my DD's teammates and she was able to compete this year. Hope she will be able to be back in form soon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back