Parents Heartbreak

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Blissful Sleep and new beginnings

Thank you all. Last night was the first night in weeks I slept. DD is looking forward to the new gym this morning. I am so happy to be drama free.

For a 7 year old competing for the first time it is about the coach. It's about who's cheering you on and supporting you. I watched some of my videos and you could see DD would finish a routine and look for her immediately and her coach just couldn't wait to congratulate her. The organization said we could go alone and have a coach assigned to us . . . but it really is about THAT coach.

I had to tell her she could still wear her gym stuff. She worked hard on their team and earned the right to wear the jacket if she wants, the leos, t-shirts etc.

I cannot imagine after all this that the next 3 weeks will be business as usual. They can fire everyone and start over - the drama is not going anywhere for awhile. The kids are upset, hurt and angry. I want her to remember the gym for what it was to her and all the good times she had there. It was a very special place to her, a second home filled with sisters that she couldn't wait to get to and never wanted to leave.

I am happy that you have made a decision and that you were able to get some sleep.

Sorry about missing nationals, what level is DD?

I would think that there would have to been something HUGE occur to fire a coach 3 weeks before nationals. A severe safety violation... I do agree that it warrants an explanation to the parents and the gymmies. It is the least they deserve in this situation.

Best of luck at the new gym this morning. Please let us know how it goes and tell your gymmie she has lots of CB's sending her "happy thoughts" :)

I am happy that you have made a decision and that you were able to get some sleep.

Sorry about missing nationals, what level is DD?

I would think that there would have to been something HUGE occur to fire a coach 3 weeks before nationals. A severe safety violation... I do agree that it warrants an explanation to the parents and the gymmies. It is the least they deserve in this situation.

Best of luck at the new gym this morning. Please let us know how it goes and tell your gymmie she has lots of CB's sending her "happy thoughts" :)

I agree I still can't believe that they didn't give any real explination. I know for me I don't like loose ends like that and I think I would contact the USAG regional Chair person and complain. Just so someone in the USAG knows what happened even if they can't do anything about it.

Tough decision to make, but I totally agree with what you decided. As you said, way too much drama to hang at the old gym for a few more weeks and who knows how the girls that are left will fare at a national meet after all of this. Best to move on now, get Jess settled in the new gym and not look back. Even though Jess has some immediate disappointment, I'll bet in a month or so, this will be a blip on her gymnastics radar. Getting grips, learning new routines/skills and just being in a positive setting will have her excited about the sport again.

GL to Jess and tell her to have a great summer!

BTW--I do feel bad for all the girls at your old gym. They got treated VERY badly.

I'm so sorry! Your poor DD!

Can a coach from the new gym take her to Nationals? Or as someone suggested, hire the fired coach?

Several years ago, my DD's teammate broke her arm just before Nationals and we tried to get her meet fees back, and was refused. Maybe in this case, you could make a good case if there are several gymnasts without a coach!

I posted my first reply without reading pages 2, and 3, lol. I'm glad you've now made a decision and in the long run, I'm sure it will be the best for Jess.

Sending ((((((HUGS))))) your way! What a terrible and difficult situation to have put their athletes in. Best of luck finding a new gym for Jess.

YouTube - Handstands For Tracy

If anyone would like to see. Here is a video I made for her coach

:D

Her first offical day at the new gym went really well. She was thrilled to learn the level 6 beam dismount and a handstand to BHS on beam . . . They also put her on the strap bar - a huge highlight of her day!

Last edited:
Hotel and Plane canceled . . . costing me 150 ea ticket but saving me thousands

Left a message for the gym telling them I'm not going and want all my fees refunded.

I'm done

And the more I say that - the more relaxed and better I feel.

I can't let my daughters memories of the gym be tainted. I want her last memories to be happy and fun

thank you all for your support

Going to read further to see if there are other updates, but I think you totally made the right decision! No way would I trust my daughter's safety at that gym. Are they trying to kill their team??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back