hello, i'm a new mom here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dani4

Proud Parent
Hi, I just posted my first thread, and thought I should introduce myself too.

I have two daughters in preschool gymnastics- ages 4 and 2. They both love it, and my older daughter is already asking about joining the team and going to competitions. It's partly my fault, for showing her you tube videos :).

I never did any formal gymnastics, but when I was young I self-taught a lot of tumbling (and i had one friend who took gymnastics and showed me lots of stuff). I've always loved watching whatever is on TV, and now that there's so much on you tube I do find myself a little addicted to watching gymnastics sometimes. I always wanted to go to gymnastics but my parents were completely against it- actually I took one tumbling class once, and it was ok, but I wanted to do the big-girl stuff :). It's ok, I'm very tall, I doubt I would have gone too far in gymnastics. I did a lot of swimming & tennis as a kid, which I also enjoyed.

I signed my kids up for gymnastics because we needed an indoors activity, and I find those mommy & me dance classes to be boring. I do parent & tot gymnastics with my 2 year old while big sister is in her own class with kids her age. I hope that my kids will be athletes in some way for their whole lives, and I think gymnastics is a great foundation, if not something to be totally into for a while.

My husband and I are rowers, which has almost nothing in common with gymnastics. I have learned a lot from reading this site over the last few weeks, so I feel like I can make more educated decisions about what to do with my kids gymnastics classes in the future.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back