Hello

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ProudDad

Proud Parent
Hello everyone,

I am a dad of 5, 4 girls and 1 boy, and my youngest (just turned 9) is my gymnast. We tried with the rest of the girls, but they all have other passions. My DD started gymnastics in a rec program when she was 5. Within a week the head coach talked to us about putting her on the Stars team. She spent a year there and they told us that we should consider moving her to a gym that could truly develop her talents. After an exhaustive search of the Raleigh area, we found our gym and she started as a xcel bronze, the following season moved to silver and mid-season moved to gold - taking 3rd AA in her division in region 8 and 1st on beam. She is now competing level 6 and its a whole new world. She spent September through December recovering from a broken ankle, then a partial ligament tear and has had about 6 weeks of intermittent full on training to prep for this season, but she is recovering her quickness and tightness well and is still loving every minute.

I grew up with my mom being a fan of gymnastics, so I have always had an appreciation for the sport. Now that it has become the centerpiece of my DD's life, it has become a huge part of mine as well. I have learned a lot about the sport and am a huge fan of our teams and of course my DD (I even usually come close on my guess for vault scores, I still think they sometimes use chicken bones and black magic to score it though). I know I have a lot more to learn and from what I have seen know this place will be a great resource. I'm not one who spends a lot of writing, so I may be an infrequent contributor, but I hope to be able to give as much as I get.

Thanks!

Welcome to the board! Hope you get a lot of advice and don't take anything too personally. Looking forward to hearing how your daughter does as she recovers from her injuries

Welcome! Congratulations to your dd, sounds like she is doing great. I hope her ankle is feeling 100% soon. I live in the same general area (different gym though).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back