Hello

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Spice

Proud Parent
Hello my daughter is in level 1 AAU at 7 years old. She feels like she is behind because she is older then the girls in her level. Have any of you experienced this? She started gymnastics in November in recreational and moved up quickly.

Welcome! Girls start gym at all ages, and as long as they progress happily at their own speed, it’s all ok in the end. My daughter started recreational gymnastics at almost 13.. then did Xcel bronze, which is like L1/2, then Xcel gold, L6 twice and is now training L8 at 16. She didn’t fly through like a superstar, but she’s made her way and found her place. She’s always been the oldest in every level training group. The little girls- even with higher skill levels- tend to look up to her. Tell your daughter that she’s is doing amazing and is exactly where she should be.

Welcome! Girls start gym at all ages, and as long as they progress happily at their own speed, it’s all ok in the end. My daughter started recreational gymnastics at almost 13.. then did Xcel bronze, which is like L1/2, then Xcel gold, L6 twice and is now training L8 at 16. She didn’t fly through like a superstar, but she’s made her way and found her place. She’s always been the oldest in every level training group. The little girls- even with higher skill levels- tend to look up to her. Tell your daughter that she’s is doing amazing and is exactly where she should be.
Thank you so much! You do not know how much that means to me!

Welcome! I always tell my daughter, there is no such thing as behind in gymnastics! Every girl is on her own journey. I remind her to focus on her own improvement and that’s all she needs to worry about.

Welcome! I always tell my daughter, there is no such thing as behind in gymnastics! Every girl is on her own journey. I remind her to focus on her own improvement and that’s all she needs to worry about.
Thank you this really helps. I am new to all this and I am glad that I joined this forum

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back