Hello

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter attends a very small gym and I love watching her and her team mates do their thing! I have noticed lots of people posting info for parents and that is why I am here!:p

Welcome to Chalk Bucket - my dd is at a fairly small gym as well. I really like that. How old is your dd? what level is she ?

She is not doing the greatest. She is getting high 8's or low 9's on beam and floor. Vault which she hates low 8's, and bars varies, some meets 8's sometimes 7's. Are you Olivias mom? I know that there are very few 8-9 yr olds this year, and she has older sister that does gym.

She is not doing the greatest. She is getting high 8's or low 9's on beam and floor. Vault which she hates low 8's, and bars varies, some meets 8's sometimes 7's. Are you Olivias mom? I know that there are very few 8-9 yr olds this year, and she has older sister that does gym.

Not Olivia's mom. My dd is Jessica and she will still be 8 at the state meet. She just had her best meet this weekend with a 36.075 that included a fall on beam. She was very happy except for the fall. She has been working very hard this past month. Bars has been her lowest score all year and she got a 8.7. Our girls are going to Kalahari this weekend and then the state meet. I hope we can actually meet there.

Jasmine will be having her 9th birthday end of March. It sounds like Jessica had a great meet, good for her! We have 2 more meets before the state meet. Jasmine has been doing gym for 3 years. How long has Jessica been doing gym? We have 1 other little girl that will be competing our age division for our gym, she is 9. Isn't it just amazing how these young girls can do so much at such a young age. Is Jessica going to level 7 next season? Jasmine wants to but I don't know if she is yet. We live over 1 hour from our gym and level 7 practice 5 days a week, she practices 4 days now. Age wise I don't know if she is ready or not.

How long have you been doing gymnastics? Are you planning on college gymnastics or more? My daughter just loves talking to older gymnast. I let her talk on here too with me by her side of course, her name here is gymgirl1999

Hi there

Just registered & this is my 1st post. I've been reading the forums & have found some useful advice. Can't wait to show the Chalk Bucket to my daughter:) She's 12yrs. old and is a level 6 gymnast. It's her 2nd year of level 6. She had a fear of doing the backwalk over on the beam last year. She is repeating the level with much success this year:D What a difference a year makes! Life is good!

How did Jessica and your other daughter do at their meet this weekend?

They both did great. Jessica had a 36.225 (first AA) and Brooke had a 36.175 (4th AA). They both won beam which was a huge surprise. The team took first. We were snowed in in Sandusky at Kalahari. The staff told us that they were under a code 3 emergency which meant that you were not allowed on the roads at all. We were able to book the last room available and put 11 in a room for 6. That was some team bonding. The girls all had a great time at the water park.

When is Jasmine's next meet?

Jasmine is competeing this weekend at the Wolverine Classic in Saline. She has a terrible time to compete 5pm on Sunday night. We live in Tawas so we wont get home until 1-2 am from this meet. She has been getting really pumped for this meet her coaches said. Good for Jessica and Brooke, it sounds like they did great! Jasmine would be extatic too get a 36. How did Jessica do on bars this time?

Welcome too the chalk bucket! My daughter doesn't have much time too get on here but she loves too when she can! She likes to talk to people about gymnastics! Her name on the site is gymgirl1999 she would love to talk to your daughter I am sure. They are both in level 6.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back