Parents Help for level 8 front tuck -front pike/layout connection

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Calimama31

Proud Parent
Hi, my daughter is competing level 8 this year and she is really struggling with her front tuck front pike on floor. Her front tuck is nice and so is her front handsping-front pike. When she does the first front tuck though it seems like she just gets no “rebound” for the second one, so the second one is too low and she lands on her butt. Anyone know any advice for her? She is only 9, but I told her I would ask you nice people on here. She has never had any trouble getting tumbling skills before , though I would say her front tumbling has always been maybe a little weaker than the back tumbling. Her coaches don’t seem to know what else to say to her, she just goes down in her butt over and over. Ok thanks a lot!

For my daughter, her front tumbling is definitely weaker than her twisting and back tumbling. She was also struggling with her FT FP (or FT) this season and would end up sitting the second one nearly all the time. She ended up switching to a FHS FLO FT and it is so much better for her. Several of her teammates also switched for the same reason.

My kid also said that the FP before the FT is easier because she thinks it takes less power for the FT, so she can land it. She's a L7 but likely competing this front pass.

Hi guys just wanted to let you know she has been working really hard on it and today when I went to get her I got there just in time to see her land her front pike - front tuck very nicely! She said one of her teammates doesn’t get how she can do it in that order! Lol thanks so much for the replies

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back