Parents HELP! I need gymnastics crafts and ideas please

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I have 40 recreational gymnasts that are ages 10-13 that we are having a Christmas Party for and I am hoping to find some cute and fun craft for them to make and take at the party... Does anyone have any ideas?

I am hoping for something relativley easy to do because I only have 2 weeks to come up with it...

All ideas are welcome, help please! :eek:

I have a great idea!! My 9 yr old dd is having a team party in a few weeks and they are having a jewelry party. My friend makes beads so she is coming to work with the girls. They are going to do the memory wire flexible bracelets that you wrap around your wrist. Her website is www.beadmeastory.com and she could probably ship the stuff to you pretty quickly. That age group is perfect for the jewelry making. My dd is 9 and loves making all kinds of stuff with her. I hope this helps!!!

I have a great idea!! My 9 yr old dd is having a team party in a few weeks and they are having a jewelry party. My friend makes beads so she is coming to work with the girls. They are going to do the memory wire flexible bracelets that you wrap around your wrist. Her website is www.beadmeastory.com and she could probably ship the stuff to you pretty quickly. That age group is perfect for the jewelry making. My dd is 9 and loves making all kinds of stuff with her. I hope this helps!!!

Great!
Thank you!! :D

This always works with my Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts too....cupcake decorating or even gingerbread men decorating? Most craft stores even sell the cookies already to be decorated 8 or 10 to a box. My DD's coach did this with the L4 team last Christmas. If you do cupcakes just bake ahead and bring frosting, some bowls to put different types of candies (M & M's, choc chips, gummies), sprinkles (red or green), and anything else you can think of! Bring plastic throw away knives and spoons too.

Craft stores also sell pre-cut foam craft things like door hangers or ornaments. You can buy a bundle of 10 or more and then just get glitter sticks, holiday foam stickers (they sell these in tubs) and decorate. If all else fails, check out oriental trading.com, every mother in America probably gets this cataloge in the mail every holiday, LOL

Last edited:
This may or not be something you want to try. At our gym's holiday party the tradition has been to bring in a pair of crazy socks to exchange---don't have to be holiday themed. You could do that and then have sequins etc for the girls to use to decorate them. The girls always get a big kick out of wearing the socks to practice during the winter.

Another idea is get basic flip flops and decorate them in gym colors. I wish I could tell you how to do it, but I'm very creatively challenged. You would need shoe sizes, but Michaels does keep plain black flip flops around most of the year. They could probably even show you different options for decorating them.

This may or not be something you want to try. At our gym's holiday party the tradition has been to bring in a pair of crazy socks to exchange---don't have to be holiday themed. You could do that and then have sequins etc for the girls to use to decorate them. The girls always get a big kick out of wearing the socks to practice during the winter.

Another idea is get basic flip flops and decorate them in gym colors. I wish I could tell you how to do it, but I'm very creatively challenged. You would need shoe sizes, but Michaels does keep plain black flip flops around most of the year. They could probably even show you different options for decorating them.

I think all you need is the flip-flops, the decorations (usually ribbon, buttons etc) and a hot glue gun.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back