Parents Help I shrunk my gymnasts competition leotard!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gym Parent

Proud Parent
My daughter is a high school gymnast. Her school just got brand new leos. I accidentally stuck her leo in the dryer and now it is way too tight. What do I do??!! (They have to give the leotards back at the end of the season)

Thank you! Any advise on how to make it wider and the sleeves less tight?
Sorry..that's the best I got. It might help with many aspects. I have honestly just heard that it works, but have never tried it :)

We have a mom at our gym that wets the leos and then her kids put them on while wet to stretch them. Full disclosure: I have not tried this, but she has done it often and it looks fine...

Thank you! Any advise on how to make it wider and the sleeves less tight?
For the sleeves ... tight roll a towel for each sleeve and shove them into the arm holes (while the leotard is wet after the washing and before adding the soup can to the crotch). For the width, do you have a shoe stretcher? Or a large can of juice?

When my dd's comp leo was too small, I would stuff it with something soft to stretch out the sleeves. I also put something in the crotch to weigh it down. I also had my dd wear it at home over one or two other plain leotards with no gems or sparkles. I would just recommend being careful with stretching it too much because you could rip the seams.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back