Parents Help me understand

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LTmom

Proud Parent
I’m a reforming CGM but not completely reformed as you’ll soon see. One thing I’m doing much better is watching just my own kid during practice. It has done wonders for my mental state. However, there is a lot going on at the gym so I naturally find myself casually watching other groups/classes while my DD is waiting her turn in line or whatever.

Something has been driving me crazy and I can’t stop wondering about it. Please help me understand. Why is it that in every class, there is 1 girl who is shockingly out of place? If everyone is doing back tucks, That One Girl can’t do it. At all. If everyone else is doing giants, That One Girl can’t do it. In another class, while everyone is conditioning, That One Girl is cheating and watching the coach to make sure she doesnt get caught. I know everyone works at their own pace, but she’s always super out of place, even dangerously so. I happened to meet a mom from a different gym who told me that a girl in her daughter’s class can’t even do a cartwheel and they are level 2s. What on earth??

In DD’s class, That One Girl doesn’t just miss or fall, she collapses spectacularly like a stunt woman. The coach always has a look of shock, surprise, and today, laughter. To me, it’s dangerous. If I were her mother, I’d be extremely worried that my daughter will get hurt because she just can’t do it. It’s not a high level yet, so nothing life threatening, but if this girl is falling regularly onto her head DURING WARM UPS, isn’t it dangerous for her to attempt any skills when she’s constantly collapsing with all 4 limbs going in different directions? She has no strength so she chucks herself into a handstand, but her support leg is shaking the entire time.

Why do they allow this??? Why does it go on???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back