help me (:?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

okay, so. hi guys! :) i ask ALOTTTT of questions, but thats only because you guys are oh so wonderful and amazing at advice! anyways, im am like legit the weakest in the group! My coach doesn't really do any strength building/program except through stations on bars for one or two cycles (depending on the # 4 or 5 stations) then we move on. i Really dont know what exercises to do to build strength to help me with bars and other strength needed skills! anyone have any suggestions? i reeeeeallly need to muscle up for my kip, i have the motion but i cant do it because i cant get up to par with strength!.

:p

i would suggest v-ups, hollow body rocks, super man rocks, and handstand pushups to help build up muscle for kips-- keep trying!

Can I just suggest that you use capitals and punctation in ALL your posts. It is one of the rules here. You know your teachers and parents would be proud, and I won't be MAD!!!!

Pull-ups to build triceps and lats (shoulders) muscles, Push-ups and chin-ups for biceps and pectoral muscles (chest), and leg-ups to build up core strength. You can practice all of these daily, working up to a higher number of reps as much as possible.

Kips aren't about muscle as you may think. Yes you need to be strong, but it's mostly about timing and momentum. I strongly suggest you ask your coach what you need to do -- and listen to the reply! Our gyms coaches top two pet peaves are - athletes that hear, but don't listen - and athletes that don't ask questions. They LOVE it when you ask questions. They Love it more when you actually listen to the answers. :)

You'll get it. It's one the harder skills to master at compulsory levels.

(by the way: :"ALOT" isn't a word. "a lot" is. )

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back