Help please!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi I just joined Chalk Bucket, I'm trying to figure out how to use it and finding it very confusing :confused:
I've been doing gymnastics since i was 7, but it was only a rec. class, I started going to my first real gym when I was 9 but i left when I turned 11, I really regret that decision. Now i only do gym at school and at a little club, neither are properly equiped so it is very difficult for me to learn new skills, I just got my back handspring which I am very happy about! My little sister now goes to the gym I left, she is 7 years younger than me and almost as good as me! I would really like to start at a serious gym but I don't know if anywhere will take me because of my age (14) and level.
If any one has tips on learning new skills at home they are very appreciated.

Thank You!

Maya.

Hi Maya,

That's great that you've taken up gymnastics again! And it's funny about how you explain your position, because I also quit gymnastics for 1-2 years and came back. It's pretty surprising how much you can forget! However, no matter how much you want to get those skills and more back, I wouldn't recommend doing it at home at all. I've kicked many things doing something as simple as a handstand, and a lot of times it hurts. I would suggest looking up gymnastics places in the area on your computer. I'm not quite sure what level you are, but a lot of gyms usually take in girls despite their age. There is a 32 year old level 7 in my gym who started about 6 years ago that every one loves. If you have any questions just message me and I'd be glad to help!

-GCG

I can't help you with a specific gym because I live in the US but you can look on google maps for gyms by your home. I didn't know that you had to be a certain age to go to certain gyms, I'm 13?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back