Help! Standing Back Tucks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all,
I need some help. I've been working to get a standing back tuck on floor for over 8 mths now and just can't get it. I've been killing my already vulnerable knees and ankles trying and to no avail. I keep getting told to keep trying, keep trying but I am trying and whats the use of doing the same thing over and over with no progress? I can do a standing bacm tuck from a block, but on floor I land very squated or right on my knees and ankles. I seem to be unable to connect my set to my back tuck as I can set nice when its just a matter of setting but I've been told I lean when I set for the tuck. I don't know what to do I keep trying to fix it and it isn't happening. I'm frustrated and aching. Anyone have any advice for me?

Try doing static jumps to candlestick on a block at first hip level but the build up- it will help with not tucking forwards and getting your knees over your head as well as making you jump higher. Hope u know what I mean, I don't know if I explained it well

This is going to sound silly. Try it anyway:

Find something out in front of you *on the ground*. Look at it until your arms come up to your head. This is to compensate for that head throw you do & to make it harder to throw your arms so far behind your head.

I think I follow, my understanding is that's something like what is shown in the video below. I'll definitely try it, thanks!

This is going to sound silly. Try it anyway:

Find something out in front of you *on the ground*. Look at it until your arms come up to your head. This is to compensate for that head throw you do & to make it harder to throw your arms so far behind your head.

No, no sounds sensible! Can't wait to try that, thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back