Parents Help understanding badges PLEASE!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Toddstar

Proud Parent
New to all gym world things so just looking for some help or advice, anything is appreciated.

So my daughter started gymnastics properly since turning 5 in September (attended a toddlers class at the same place 3-4) anyways they’ve all got these cards that say

Learned......new skills on badge.....

A couple weeks ago it said 10 new skills on badge six

Then again tonight they wrote 2 new skills on badge 6?

I read online that they need 8/10 to pass a badge? Do they keep learning new skills then do a test at the end? I’m just trying to encourage my daughter and let her know she’s going well but it’s hard when I don’t know myself?

New to all gym world things so just looking for some help or advice, anything is appreciated.

So my daughter started gymnastics properly since turning 5 in September (attended a toddlers class at the same place 3-4) anyways they’ve all got these cards that say

Learned......new skills on badge.....

A couple weeks ago it said 10 new skills on badge six

Then again tonight they wrote 2 new skills on badge 6?

I read online that they need 8/10 to pass a badge? Do they keep learning new skills then do a test at the end? I’m just trying to encourage my daughter and let her know she’s going well but it’s hard when I don’t know myself?

I'm in the US so I don't know your system...but I will say, ALWAYS encourage your daughter. You don't need to know a thing about gymnastics to encourage her and say she's doing well. Leave the technical piece to the coaches. No harm in learning the lingo and what it all means, but it shouldn't affect whether or not you encourage and cheer her on.

I'm in the US so I don't know your system...but I will say, ALWAYS encourage your daughter. You don't need to know a thing about gymnastics to encourage her and say she's doing well. Leave the technical piece to the coaches. No harm in learning the lingo and what it all means, but it shouldn't affect whether or not you encourage and cheer her on.

100% I’m my daughters biggest fan and I cheer her on for doing the smallest things in everyday stuff anyways, it’s just hard to know if she’s progressing or not? To me I can see her getting better and she practices at home because she knows I love watching her! This was just to get a feel of what’s happening?

I’m guessing you’re talking about BG awards? Each gym does it slightly differently, some test once a term some they can tick off a skill each week.
I wouldn’t worry about how your gym does. At 5 the main thing is that’s she’s having fun.

I’m guessing you’re talking about BG awards? Each gym does it slightly differently, some test once a term some they can tick off a skill each week.
I wouldn’t worry about how your gym does. At 5 the main thing is that’s she’s having fun.

Thanks for the reply!! she’s loving it and has made so many friends! So I’m happy she’s having fun and enjoying it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back