WAG Help with fears

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

What do you do for fears? I'm 14- and suddenly... I'm scared of so much. Only 1 of these skills I have fallen on, the rest something just tells me "don't go." I'm scared to vault (front handspring over the table), cartwheel on beam, handstand to vertical on beam, punch fronts on floor, flyaways.... and more. I don't know why. I got a concussion over the summer and sprained my ankle with some other complications a few weeks ago on my cartwheel. I get that fear, it's completely normal. But I don't understand the other things. How do you get over them? Some of my coaches are understanding but not always. I'm just starting to ease back into practice and it is more than frustrating. Any help would be very appreciated.

I embrace the, no one is scared of nothing. Even superman is afraid of something. You just have to believe that you can do it. And try not to think a ton about it. Your body has done it before it can do it again. Sure you'll fall but that's part of learning, and you never learn if you don't try.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back