Parents Help with sizing for Cheetah cups

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amanda

Proud Parent
I am looking at ordering Cheetah cups for my daughter who is struggling with Sever's. She wears a 2 1/2 or 3 in tennis shoes. Her foot is pretty slim. It looks like I shouldn't get her an adjustable one- says they are not for youth. Anyone have a guess as to size? I'm thinking a small? Thanks!

If her foot and ankle are thin, she could probably wear an XS. Can she try on a teammate's cheetah cup at the gym to get an idea of the sizes?

My DD has been wearing the Small since she was a sz 4 kids/6 womens and still wears that size (now sz 7 1/2womens with slender feet and small instep). I would do the XS for anything smaller because this size still does slip up when tumbling sometimes...

Thanks everyone! I will try to find measuring tape and look at the measurements on the recommended site. But I think if she's close, I'll go with the xs based on your replies. Her feet and ankles are definitely thin. I know there are a couple girls in her gym that use them but I don't know how well she knows them.

So I measured and it seemed like she solidly fit the small size (her actual foot isn't as narrow as a though). We ordered those. They are tight pulling them on and then quite fitted on her foot itself but a little loose around the ankle. You can see a small gap. Are they supposed to be tight around the ankle as well? I will probably send them with her tomorrow and try to get a coach to look at them.

What really matters is whether they stay put. My daughter and her teammates find that their Cheetahs slip even when they seem to fit tightly. Someone here (I wish I could remember who) suggested cutting the toes out of a pair of socks and wearing them under the Cheetahs to reduce slippage.

Yep. Should have gone with an xs. We might still need the sock trick! I'm hoping I don't have any problem returning them. One hasn't even come out of the box.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back