Parents ~Here is Proof of How Much Your Gymmies Grow~

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Something Emma's mom said to me in another thread really got me thinking. I'm so caught up in the "today" and I need to stop and appreciate just how hard Pixie works in gym. It's hard to pick up the little nuances when you see them train day in and day out.

For a reality check post a video from your gymmies from this time last season and their latest video for comparisons.

I'd really love to see how much all of our gymmies have progressed. I think it'll be neat!

Thank you Emma's mom fora much needed kick in the pants (even though you didn't even know you kicked me ;) )

Here's Pixie's video montage from this time last season when she was still in L4 pre-team. She was moved up to USAG L4 right after this meet:

[youtube]wJbgjhajeJw[/youtube]

Here is Pixie from her last meet:

[youtube]JmH2zfVG6tE[/youtube]

...and yes, we are still using Hannah Montana songs, lmao! I let Pixie pick her songs so we are a bit limited. haha!!

Let's see how your gymmies have grown. Your turn :D

Last edited:
Ha! Well, that was not my intention to give you that kick...:) I just have always thought that Pixie was so pretty to watch! Her lines are gorgeous. You crack me up! I'll have to go back and look at Emma's vids from last year! Great idea! Does put it all in to perspective! Hugs!

Wow, what a great compliment! We love watching Emma's videos she is such a powerful and talented gymnast.

It definitely puts it into perspective. I was amazed when I looked back on Pixie's video from the start of last season and was curious to see how all of the other talented gymmies have grown too! I hope you post Emma's as well. I can't wait to see her videos :)

Pixie has come a long way, but she has always had such pretty lines and form. I watched Abby's videos from when she first started and it is such a huge difference. I am making a comparison video eventually, with her first meet and the best routine from each meet this season. :D Should be fun.

Can't wait to see it! I know Abby has grown so much as well. It's crazy. And not even just their skills and routines but their physique. Pixie added a lot of muscle after her first summer of USAG training. It just amazes me. Her little legs were toothpicks last year and now she has definition in her legs and arms. haha!

Well I hope others will post their gymmies videos! I wasn't posting this to be just about Pixie. I am curious to see all the transformations of our little butterflies :D

I made a comparision video for my DD and its so fun to watch and see how far she has come in such a short time. She loves watching it. I think it makes her feel real proud of herself. My dd also picks the music and I believe that we also have quite a few Hannah Montana songs!

Hannah ftw! haha!!

Do you have a link to the video? That's a really good idea for a progression video. I wish I had got more video of when Pixie was in L2. I didn't get any when she was a L1 :(

I didn't have a decent camcorder then. Just an ancient one that you had to buy tapes for, lol. I did have a digital camera that took short video as well but the quality of video was really bad. So glad I invested in a new video camera!!

Abby's progress

Here is Abby's comparison video. :) She has definitely come a long way. Abby had so much fun watching it and giggled a lot when she saw herself from just a year ago.

She was so cute when she first started. She had just turned 6 in July and had only been on team since mid-April (and she didn't have all her L4 skills when she was moved up).

It is the first meet vs. the best of each event from this fall season. :) I think things are clicking more now that she is 7, but also know that her awesome coaches at her new gym are a huge part of her progress. They are so great and she loves them and I am very thankful for them :D First meet was Oct 2008.

[YOUTUBE]S1UXTEcM5KI[/YOUTUBE]

O my goodness, look at baby Abby! ahhh!! How stinkin adorable!!
She has grown into such a beautful young lady and gymnast.

As I told momof5 in my PM to her, I think I might make a progression video for each level as Pixie moves up. I just love these. It makes their hard work so abundantly clear in one small video.

Thanks for sharing that!!

Thanks for sharing these! What a difference a year makes! Olivia hasn't had a meet yet this season though she does have a mock meet on Saturday. Maybe I'll be able to get some decent video, we'll see. I hope I can post something soon.

Click on Go Advanced to get the advanced menu. At the top, click on the little button that says YouTube. It will give you something like this [ YOUTUBE ][ /YOUTUBE ] (without the extra spaces. Take the YouTube address of the video and copy what follows the = sign and put it in between the 2 youtube things.

www. youtube. com /watch?v=S1UXTEcM5KI So for this video of mine, I would put it like this

[ YOUTUBE] S1UXTEcM5KI [/youtube] (except no spaces anywhere).

Did that make any sense?

If not, here is a link, scroll way to the bottom, there are 3 ways to do it. :)
http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

Last edited:
First click Quick Reply (for a reply in a thread). When you are typing, look down next to the Post Quick Reply Button and next to it is the button that says Go Advanced. :) Click on that an if you have typed stuff, it will follow you to the advanced menu. Across the top of the area you type in, to the right, you will find the YouTube button.

[youtube]XuI2D7bs1Ts[/youtube]

[youtube]Qna6JVcSDVU[/youtube]

Here is Emma at this time last year! Her beam is hysterical because it is almost in slow motion!

I hope this works! Thanks Mariposa!

Last edited:
Thanks Mariposa for that info!!! I have tried and tried to embed videos and I never can do it!!! I will post a comparison video after Dani's meet in Dec.

Shari,

You must have embedding disabled on YouTube so you have to click on the video and go to YouTube to watch it anyway. LOL.

Emma rocked on floor! Her bars were really nice, too. And beam was soo slow, how adorable. :D She was really concentrating. ;) She is so cute.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back