Here's our new boys class...what do you think?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
We started a new class at the gym: Extreme Sports Cross-Training.

We describe the class as:
Extreme Cross Training is a non-traditional gymnastics course geared towards skateboarding, BMX, motocross, wakeboarding, snowboarding, extreme martial arts, hip-hop, and anything else that inverts. This class is designed to increase efficiency in basic aerial awareness, thus decreasing the chances of injury out on the real terrain.

Classes will utilize our trampolines, tumble track, air track, mini tramps, and overhead spotting rigs. This is a boys only class for ages 8-10 or 11 & up.

The logo is below. What do you guys think of the whole concept?

Attachments

• extreme_logo.gif
    extreme_logo.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 138
We just had a boy come in today asking about it....he is into martial arts. He watched for a while and loved. He signed up.

that's great. at our gym, we have a class w/2 parts, for girls. It's turn and tumble: ballet and gymnastics. it's really popular.

great idea

Great concept! My son is skateboarding and would benefit from a place like that - it also would be a safe environment for him to learn! Good luck with the new class - you shouldn't have any problem filling those classes.

Couple classes running

We have a couple of these extreme classes running now. They are not full yet, but we are starting to get a lot of questions and phone calls about them. Seems like this concept is really the way to go. All the boys that have to come to the gym to watch their sisters are starting to ask about it. I'd say over the next few months this thing will really take off.

That's a brilliant idea!

In fact, I may bring this up with the management at my gym and see if I can start a similar class.

Really like the graphic and the whole concept. Our gym is staying pretty much with traditional gymnastics. There is a gym in town that has a gorgeous new facility for T & T only(they don't offer any artistic gymnastics). That gym offers a few classes along the same line as yours.

Just an update for you guys.

I now have 2 full (8 boys) classes running. We could easily open 3 or 4 more of these classes, but I don't have enough teachers capable of running them.

The extreme class is pulling some boys from our traditional men's program, but not many. Overall, the class is pulling in a whole new market for the gym.:greedy:

Just an update for you guys.

I now have 2 full (8 boys) classes running. We could easily open 3 or 4 more of these classes, but I don't have enough teachers capable of running them.

The extreme class is pulling some boys from our traditional men's program, but not many. Overall, the class is pulling in a whole new market for the gym.:greedy:

My boys would go CRAZY for these classes. I hope that other gyms really catch on to this.

We offer something similar for the 9 and over boy's classes and call it acro/tumbling. Basically, a lot of tramp, pit, tumbl-trak, and vaulting with floor basics and further off springboards ( towards handsprings and front saltos ). We use apparatus like rings, so they learn how to flip ( skin the cat, flyaway ) as well as to condition. A lot of the boy's who do not show an interest in MAG or talent to compete at that age or invited to these classes.

Woodward has something like it at their camps I believe.

cool

The class is really cool. I've seen some of the boys at Open Gym that are in it and they love it and are progressing. Some of them video their new tricks and they are so cool. The class was a great idea and a lot of people love it!!! :cool: :rolleyes: The also had a lot of fun with the cool, funny, and crazy coach at our gym. cough "Sanjaya" cough cough "Bamboo" cough ;) :rotfl: :laughing: :neenerneener: :upsidedown: :tongue: hahaha good times good times!! How about some moose jumps? lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back