Hey, I'm New Here!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnast<3forlife96

Hi, everyone! I'm Joelle! I'm 13 and I'm a Level 9 gymnast :)
I go 6 days a week, for a total of 20.5 hours each week.
I've been in gymnastics for 8 or 9 years now, and I can't wait to meet new people who enjoy all the same things I do.
So talk to me, and I know we'll get along!!! :)

Hey! Welcome to the chalk bucket, you will love this site!! I am 14 years old and I am a level 7 gymnast. Do you, by any chance, go to Rochester Gymnastics??

Hey! Nope I don't go to Rochester Gymnastics. I go to Gymnastics Unlimited. How bout you?

I go to New Bern Gymnastics, in North Carolina. I was just wondering because two girls came to visit our gym from Rochester and they were really good!! Just wondering if you knew them or not :)

oh haha. I might know them from meets but probably not personally lol.

haha. so do you think youll be moving up to eight soon?!

i just moved up to level 7 two weeks ago, and to even be able to compete level 7 i need my giant, clear hip to handstand (i cant get that!) and my backhandspring on high beam. But i hope i will be ready in time to compete and I hope i level out this season too!

sweeet. yeah im probably moving up to 9 in 2 weeks considering i only need 3 skills! my yurchenko by myself..and on floor i need my back half to a front pike (bonus) and a fhs front layout front pike. on your backhandspring on beam dont lean forward when youre about to go. when you bend down keep your chest up! its helps soooo much! and you dont need a clear hip hand for level 7. for giants...never bend your legs above the bar...always hollow down and look for the bar! i learned my giants when i was super short and i didnt have to hollow...so i never learned to hollow down or look for the bar. but now i finally got out of the habit of bending my legs :) and trust me...never give up on what you want!!!!! always work hard!! haha hope this helps you out !! :)

Thanks! I can't wait for practice tomorrow...i had a really bad practice on Friday and i am ready to get back in the gym and work hard! I am in a really good mood right now...I hope it last's until tomorrow's practice so i will be really motivated (when i am motivated at gym i usually do really well!) The only thing that i think is holding me back is my fear... :( But i can't even do a clear -hip to 3/4 without a spot!

omg! dont worry!! neither can I and Im a level 9 hahah!!! and dont let your fear hold you back!! I've let it hold me back so many times, and I wish I wouldnt have, cuz when you finally have enough courage to do the skill, you feel like an idiot when you realize...there was nothing to be afraid of! Just go for it! I completely washed away my fears and got my backhandspring backhandspring on high beam just this past week! :) and I was seconds away from quitting because I have a back injury, and I had a couple bad practices. But now ive learned that when you have a bad practice, just clear it from your head and start fresh the next day! :) Everyone has their bad days...But dont let it get to you..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back