Hey there everyone

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

Saturate15

Just thought I'd say hello.. I'm a senior in high school, almost 18 years old.. I'm a varsity gymnast for my school, did club for several years, but never got overly passionate about it. I've always just done it for fun, and no one but myself has ever pushed me. This will be my last year (sad!) but hopefully I can find coaching job when I'm in college next year. I have several other hobbies, I'm building a car for drag racing (04 Grand Prix GTP). I really love photography, and I think that's where my passion lies for the most part.

Welcome. Senior year is a crazy time. Hope your last year of competing goes well. You should find a good support network here.

Welcome to chalkbucket! I'm a senior and this is my first (but hopefully not last) year!

hey welcome! i'm a senior too. i competed varsity for my high school freshman year, but quit b/c of personal issues. i'm back doing USAG level 10 (where i left off in middle school) and am hoping on doing gym in college. are you looking at schools?

Hi, and welcome. You certainly have a diverse set of interests. (which I think is great!)

I wouldn't be too vocal about your gymnastics interests when with your drag racing friends. Just sayin...

But it's awesome that you're taking on such big challenges. Building a car? That's ambitious! Go for it!

hey welcome! i'm a senior too. i competed varsity for my high school freshman year, but quit b/c of personal issues. i'm back doing USAG level 10 (where i left off in middle school) and am hoping on doing gym in college. are you looking at schools?

I'm probably going to attend South Dakota State University. I was thinking about Colorado State University but they don't have any programs that I want (no photography, very few really great English classes) I'm not going to do gym anymore, but hopefully I can find a job coaching over there while I'm in school, I would love that.

Tim_dad,
I do have a lot of broad interests, and most of the people that I race with don't care that I'm a gymnast either way. That car is my baby, and I've put my heart, & soul into that car, unfortunately it may be time to sell it soon enough.. but the with that, comes another project car. If you, or anyone, is ever interested in seeing pictures, just let me know!

Welcome. :) Enjoy your last year of competing. :) It can be tough and also very enjoyable to have a variety of interests. On the one hand you get pulled in multiple directions and may have to make choices, on the other hand life remains very interesting. A gymnast with a drag racing car and a passion for photography is quite a well rounded spectrum. :) Kudos! And of course if you ever do get drawn back into gym, they're are often college clubs or hopefully a club gym itself that you can train at, but it sounds like you have a lot to do outside of gym which is cool too. :) Good luck with all your projects!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back