hey

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

mattibabi92

so i started gymnastics when i was about 2. i absolutely loved it. i stayed in until i was about 13, then some stuff happend in my life and gymnastic life as well so i dropped out..i still love the sport and i regret dropping it. i'd really like to get back into it but i know i'd have to go through a ton of training to get back to the level that i was.

xo

Good luck with whatever you decide! If this helps, I've heard that you never lose the skills, only the strength. My friend Matt was a level seven, had to move to another country for a year and couldn't do gym, came back, and can still hold handstands solid and do standing front tucks and such.

I think if you have the opportunity to go back and you regret leaving - go for it.

I quite gymnastics in my early teens as well. Now as I watch my dd loving it, I cannot recall why I quit. I still love it and wish I had stayed with it.

Hopefully you can go for it again, and not look back as an adult and wish you had gone back and had not.

Good Luck.

welcome! What level were you at?
And i agree with everyone else...you should totally start gymnastics again if it's what you love. Maybe you could just do it for fun if you're not ready or don't want to do a ton of training to get back to what level you were at before.
Good luck with everything.

go for it!!!

GO FOR IT!! your still young.....15 is not that old (so don't let that stop you)! If you have a heart for gymnastics, that means you are to do it!! Yeah it will take a lot of work....but after a month or so you should be back in pretty good shape...just think of it this way- today is what - feb. 9....by march 9th you could be back in the swing of things!! If you are interested in getting back into shape let me know and i can give you a few pointers. Good luck girl!
p.s. i say this because as a coach i still miss it ALOT...so i goof around once in a while. I have been out for 6 years....6 YEARS and i can still do stuff. if i can do it- you can do it:) A lot of great gymnasts out there have taken breaks...maybe you are just one of them!

skills coming back

Good luck with whatever you decide! If this helps, I've heard that you never lose the skills, only the strength. My friend Matt was a level seven, had to move to another country for a year and couldn't do gym, came back, and can still hold handstands solid and do standing front tucks and such.

I was out for a while and lost some skills but I got them back quick except for one that I had trouble with before. Giants for example, seem to never go away! I was gone for three months and we didn't do strap bar for a little over a month and I still have them! The first night I did them once I came back from being hurt I did 8 but stopped because I didn't want my arms to collapse or get loose. As long as you have determination it will come back soon! I am glad you are getting back into the sport!

gymmomntc2e6 why not take it up again now that you are an adult. You may even find that as an adult you can accomplish more than you did as a child. Adults build strength more easily than kids and usually peak in strength around the age of 30, plus you won't always have to deal with the fatc you are growing and have to keep rebuilding the strength as you grow.

You will also find as an adult you will be able to concentrate better, listen and understand your coaches instructions better and you won't have those teen peer pressure distractions to deal with.

Yeah, if you regret quitting now....why not just giving it a try and see how it is going? I mean....you have nothing to loose. :) Going back will let you know what you can still do, and you can still make a final decision then. :)

gymmomntc2e6 why not take it up again now that you are an adult. You may even find that as an adult you can accomplish more than you did as a child. Adults build strength more easily than kids and usually peak in strength around the age of 30, plus you won't always have to deal with the fatc you are growing and have to keep rebuilding the strength as you grow.

You will also find as an adult you will be able to concentrate better, listen and understand your coaches instructions better and you won't have those teen peer pressure distractions to deal with.

I have thought about it, I have not found adult classes in my area. DD gym does not have adult classes (except aerobics - which I have started to get back into shape). I think I would really enjoy gymnastics vs. regular aerobic type classes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back