Hi community

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a former gymnastics coach for 11 years. I taught L4s and L5s. I also was resonsible for pre-team and Hot Shots. I left right before the big change in compulararies (when level 4 became level 3s) I now am an elementary teacher (3rd grade) in an urban community! I love the kids and want to set them up for a successful future, it's harder for these kids in my opinion to climb up the social ladder. I really enjoy this profession, but often miss coaching, but it was to hard to continue to coach after I started teaching elementary. Hmm what else. I have a 4 year old. She did a few gym classes, rec fun type classes she enjoys it a lot. She does prefer dance right now so we are sticking with that . For the moment, she also started swimming lessons this summer. I am also a competitive ballroom Dancer. My favorite dances are Tango and bolero (I have great links in this dance because I was a former gymnast); in fact I started ballroom wanting to do the fun Latin dances (salsa, merengue, bachata) but do to my gymnastics training I tend to rock it out in smooth dances( tango, foxtrot, waltz) especially get better scores in those when I computer those dances at comps. I competed in gymnastics up to level 8, I feel like high school I lost a lot of interest, however I still loved coaching and continued to coach. I am definitely a gym fan love to watch the pros.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back