Hi from Barbados!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bajanswife

Proud Parent
I have a 6 year old DD training in level 2/3 right now. She did recreational for a year, and is now in pre-competitive. She seems to be learning very quickly, and has a naturally petite and muscular build. Since she just started, she is learning all the skills on their own, but will soon start to put them together into the various routines. It is possible that she will be ready to compete level 3 in February, we'll see. I'm not pushing her at all - she'll get there eventually.

Our competition options are few - we are the only club on the island, so if we want to be in a "real" competition, we have to travel by plane. That really adds to the cost, so we only compete a few times a year. It will be hard for any of our gymnasts to reach Olympic level due to lack of real competition experience, but you never know .....

Wow I have to say you are the first member from Barbados. Welcome to the Chalkbucket, we'll be happy to have you to join our great group of parents.

I live in Quebec where our competition coices are very limited, our girls do 3 meets a year. I have to say I do get very envious of our US members when I see videos of their great invitationals. But having said that just giving up 6 weekends a year for meet is hard enough (my two girls compete different levels and leagues). SOmetimes small is good!

Welcome to CB! If your gym is the only one in Barbados then your competitive team is traveling all the way to South Carolina to the meet our gym is hosting next month... How exciting!

We had a team from Bermuda last year at our meet so it was great to hear that another 'far away' gym is coming to our meet this year.

Cherish the time while your daughter is young. It all goes by so fast!

Welcome again!

Welcome to Chalkbucket! I can't imagine having to fly to all meets. It's pretty safe to say that our family wouldn't be involved in the sport if that was the case. Good for you for finding an activity your little one loves and finding a way to make it happen:)

I'm looking forward to hearing about her adventures in gymnastics!

Welcome to CB! If your gym is the only one in Barbados then your competitive team is traveling all the way to South Carolina to the meet our gym is hosting next month... How exciting!

We had a team from Bermuda last year at our meet so it was great to hear that another 'far away' gym is coming to our meet this year.

Cherish the time while your daughter is young. It all goes by so fast!

Welcome again!

That's very cool! I knew they were traveling next month, but couldn't remember where. My DD won't be ready for competition until next year, and only a competition that includes level 3. I hope our kids do well in SC!!

How cool to have someone from Barbados here on CB! Welcome. :)
The thought of flying to all meets is incredible to me. I look forward to hearing more about that when your dd begins competing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back