Hi from Pittsburgh!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi Everyone! :D

My name is Heather, and I have a 5.5 year old who just started in a pre-preTeam class. The regular preTeam class is 2.25 hours twice a week, so her gym made a pre-preTeam class last year that's 1.25 hours twice a week to get the girls used to the longer times. Taryn just started full-day Kindergarten last week, so I figured I would "ease her in" and maybe advance to the longer class when her coach think she can handle it.

She started gymnastics at 3.5 in the normal recreational pre-school class, and absolutely loves it. She's been bugging me like crazy to buy her (or for her daddy to build her, lol) a mini-bar in the backyard. She watches youTube videos all the time of "how-to" videos and level 4-5 competitions. :)

I stumbled across this forum looking for leos :eek:. She is just growing out of the "toddler" sizes (I guess CXS?). I realized as we were getting dressed for her first class last week (she went during the summer, but there's been a downtime in between of 3 weeks - she must have had a growth spurt!), so I picked one up a Target to get us through... but the sizing there is weird too (the XS was too small, the S is really baggy...)

I love forums in general, so I'm glad I found another home where I can maybe learn more about the sport - I don't want to push her, but I would love for her to find something that excites her and stick with it.

So anyway, Hi!

~Heather

Hi Heather! :) I am from the Pittsburgh area as well. My daughter is only 2.5 and starting her preschool class next weekend. I am excited for her to get to try something new. The gymbus came to her daycare and she hasn't stopped talking about it. ;) Good luck with your daughter's new schedule!

Welcome! I used to live in the Regent Square/Squirrel Hill area of Pittsburgh and still miss my friends and the city! This is a great forum. We've got a group of parents of pre-teamers (and pre-pre-teamers or jr. pre-team as they call it at my gym) in the Member Created Groups Section - come join us! Lots of information and support on this site.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back