Hi, new here :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! I'm Alyssa and I'm new here, even though I've been on this site a lot. I'm a level 7 gymnast (stayed down due to my many mental blocks:eek:) I also like many things (non - gymnasticy, though) but I'm not sure if we can talk about it here... anyway, I'm looking foward to meeting new people and having a lot of gym fun! :)

Welcome to the Chalkbucket. You can talk about just about anything here, EXCEPT religion, politics and s.e.x. We also do try to remeber that some of our members are 13. We also only use proper English and we try to spell well!

Welcome to the Chalk Bucket! You sound JUST like me! I am a new level 7 though (just moved up last week :p) and i am well lets just say a "fearful" gymnast!! I just recently overcame 3 fears though :) and i am doing a lot better....this website has really helped me overcome some fears in the past....people here give GREAT advice!
I am sure you will enjoy this site as much as I do!

welcome to the chalk bucket! you and me both kind of stayed down in 7 due to mental blocks... its a small world haha.
love your screenname :)

:)

Hey welcome! Great to have you here! I also have a lot of mental blocks :eek: and thats something bthats held me back asa gymnast. MENTAL BLOCKS R HARD!!!! lol well welcome!!!

Welcome to chalk bucket. One thing about gymnasts is everyone is fearful and mental. You have to remember it's a very hard and risky sport. Everything done has a huge risk for potential injury. Some advice on being fearful is to think about what you are doing. Think the skill through in your head so you know exactly what you are doing and what is expected. If you don't understand something ask your coach and make sure you understand everything. Also, be sure to figure out exactly what is making you afraid. Are you afraid of hitting your feet on the bar? missing a hand? landing on your head? straddling the beam? etc.... and ask your coach what precautions you can take to lessen the likelihood of injury...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back