MAG high bar question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

profmom

Proud Parent
Does the toe on in the FS 11-14 year old tech sequence have any value in the JO code? If so, what group is it in? Thanks!

Hmm. I don't know. I know I saw boys doing it last year, but I am not sure what the value would be.

I just looked in the FIG code and didn't see it. In JO though there's the rule that any recognizable skill gets A value, but no element group credit.

I just looked in the FIG code and didn't see it. In JO though there's the rule that any recognizable skill gets A value, but no element group credit.

You have FIG code?? nice! Is it online?

:D Imagine how impressed everyone will be when you know how to say clearhip to handstand in three languages.

Is this toe on, toe off? I probably have nothing useful to add, but DS is doing that in his L7 routine.

Unfortunately (in spite of many, many requests from the coaching community) there is no "official" list of non-code skills. Therefore it is up to the judges discretion. But every judge I know would give it an A w/ no element group. (if it had a group it would be in-bar) It is a great skill to learn regardless!

KRC

Thanks! It's too bad because it looks way better than his free hip to (cough cough) handstand, but I'm sure it will all eventually come together for him.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back