High School vault update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I posted in here last week about dd's high school vault and the start values of different vaults, including a question about a particular vault that I was unfamiliar with. Thanks to those who helped me out.
Just an update: dd competed this past weekend her 'very powerful' handspring-full, even though the start value is only 9.0. This is the first meet since she got her knee problem "fixed". She wanted to compete her tsuk since she felt like her knee could handle it for the first time in a long while, but she hadn't practiced it so she went for the hs-full. Well, I'm proud to say that she scored an 8.7, out of a 9.0 which I think is phenomenal. She came in 4th place behind 2 tsuks and a yurchenko. I am so proud of her, and look forward to seeing what the future holds now that she's ready to move on to a bigger vault in the crazy world of high school gymnastics!

That is so great, to get only 0.3 in deductions on a HS full is very impressive. I glad she is able to vault well again. How are you enjoyinh High School gym?

That is so great, to get only 0.3 in deductions on a HS full is very impressive. I glad she is able to vault well again. How are you enjoyinh High School gym?

I love high school gymnastics! Thanks for asking. My dd is happy too. She left club gymnastics for several reasons- coaching issues, injuries, homework obligations, etc. Now she is in the gym 10 hours per week versus 20 and what a world of difference! Plus meets are so much more laid back. This is her second year and though she isn't as "polished" as she was last year when she was fresh out of club, it's been fun. Quite a few of her old club gym teammates are now competing for high school, so she looks forward to seeing her friends at meets. The beauty of it is that even though they are now on different teams, they all cheer each other on! It's an incredible show of sportsmanship like I have never seen before in any kind of sport. It's harder to win at hs, because she is not in those age group brackets of 20 or so girls. Instead, most meets she is up against anywhere from one hundred to two hundred girls in only one age group- high school age! With that said, her fourth place finish was exciting. Thanks again!

I am so glad that she, and you, found a new fit for her. It is hard to keep up on those long training hours when they get older. But 100/200 in a group, wow and I think 30 is ridicuclous, I have much to learn still!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back