WAG Holding ending pose for three seconds?!?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

duyetanh

Proud Parent
I am hearing rumblings of a deduction on floor if you don’t hold your ending pose for three seconds. Really?!? I would like to know what the actual rule is. All I have been able to find is .5 if you don’t hold for one second. Thanks

Often times many younger athletes struggle with a concept of time. My coach told everyone but me to hold their ending pose for 3 seconds. She told me to hold it for one. In the end we all hold it for the same amount of time. Granted, I am the oldest on my team and one of the few competing for a second year since I am older.

I am hearing rumblings of a deduction on floor if you don’t hold your ending pose for three seconds. Really?!? I would like to know what the actual rule is. All I have been able to find is .5 if you don’t hold for one second. Thanks
Having done college gym, D 1, a hundred years ago, lol.... I always have my gymnasts hold their ending. I think it just sets a better tone for the entire routine....

I'm pretty sure for optional (Level 6-10) don't have to for tumbling passes. You do have to hold your finishes for your routine though. It's a flat tenth 0.1 off.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back