Holy Junk...DD's first "real" meet is tomorrow, and I am not going to make it!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jen H.

Proud Parent
I am so unreasonably excited for tomorrow!!!
(Do I have a secret desire to be an 8 yo competitive gymanst?!? :p)

I guess it comes as a sort of tangible way of seeing all of her hard work, commitment and hours spent doing something that she loves *so* much, come together.
She has had a few bumps in the last month but in the last week, all of her routines have come together, and I am so proud of her hard work. I am also SO impressed with how her coaches were able to predict when she would be ready for her first competition-she didn't participate in the first few meets, and as disappointing as it (well, ok...I was disappointed :rolleyes:) in hindsight, it was the best thing ever.

So...if you have any spare well wishes and good lucks, we will take em all! :D

Breathe.......breathe......breathe ! good luck to your DD @ her first meet. Will you be in Mathews? my DD is supposed to compete there tomorrow, but..... I got a call to pick her up from school sick - stomache virus so......loks likewe won't be there after all.

be sure to let us know how she ( and you ) do !

It is in Matthews, our gym is hosting it which such a great thing for a first meet!
That stinks so bad about your daughter:( Boo!!! I hope it disappears by tomorrow, and that she is able to compete tomorrow.

Thanks so much for the well wishes, and if by chance you make it, look for the frumpy, fat, frazzled Mom that will likely be choked up half the day- that will be me :p

It is in Matthews, our gym is hosting it which such a great thing for a first meet!
That stinks so bad about your daughter:( Boo!!! I hope it disappears by tomorrow, and that she is able to compete tomorrow.

Thanks so much for the well wishes, and if by chance you make it, look for the frumpy, fat, frazzled Mom that will likely be choked up half the day- that will be me :p

will do. it's a stomach bug, don't want to risk spreading. hoping HC can get her meet fee refunded without a dr note. no need for dr visit.

hoping for a successgul meet for your DD & your gym.

Jen, good luck to your daughter. And to you! Have fun!

gymmomntc2e6, I hope your daughter feels better. And that is so kind of you not to expose all the other kids to your child's illness. I can't tell you the number of times a mom at the gym has told me that she kept her daughter home from school due to illness only to bring her to practice :eek:

Good luck to her! The first meet is SO exciting. I get excited every year for my girls' first meet! They truly do work so very hard to get ready for those couple minutes of competition! I hope she has lots of fun. Take deep breaths and remember there will be many more meets! :)

Just wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow!!!!!

My DD's first Level 6 meet of the season is this Sunday!!! I, like you, am sooooo excited for it!!! I'm dying to see all her hard work and skills put together in the first meet! :D

Keep us posted!!! :)

Have fun! Their first meet is so exciting. I loved reading your post, it reminded me of exactly how I felt 3 years ago! It is so exciting to just go see their first meet, have no expectations for scores or placement and just be proud of them doing all those amazing skills! Good luck! Oh, and don't hold your breath through her beam routine...remember to breathe. Passing out in the stands is not a good thing...

I'm wishing good luck for your DD at her very first meet!!! How exciting!!! I remember back 6 years ago as my DD began this competitive sport! I think I was always more excited/nervous than she was!!! Please let us know how she does!

I can understand your excitement! My little dd's first meet ever is in 2 weeks and I'm so excited for her. I'm sure you are proud and nervous and about a hundred other emotions. Good luck and have fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back