WAG Home/score out meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Really I don't care either way because usually with a score out meet the kids are more then prepared to move on. Its really a matter of dotting the i-s and crossint the t-s.

But for those who say they have never seen a do over. Have you ever seen a gymmie have a bad day?

Multiple falls on beam and/or bar. The kind of meet where they are just having a bad day, and can't shake it off? Not typical, not because of weak skills. Just a bad day that might mean not meeting the score out number That would be more the circumstance I was thinking of, go collect yourself, comeback. do it again and move on.

I don't imagine any one would have a do over for a few tenths on an event that doesn't matter beyond getting it done to move on.......

I think in that case, at our gym anyway, they would do the next score out. We typically have two; in the late summer/early fall.

Really I don't care either way because usually with a score out meet the kids are more then prepared to move on. Its really a matter of dotting the i-s and crossint the t-s.

But for those who say they have never seen a do over. Have you ever seen a gymmie have a bad day?

Multiple falls on beam and/or bar. The kind of meet where they are just having a bad day, and can't shake it off? Not typical, not because of weak skills. Just a bad day that might mean not meeting the score out number That would be more the circumstance I was thinking of, go collect yourself, comeback. do it again and move on.

I don't imagine any one would have a do over for a few tenths on an event that doesn't matter beyond getting it done to move on.......
We once had a "Last Chance Nationals Qualifier Meet" which was basically the same thing as an in house score out meet. OG was having one of those bad days ... so bad that she even fell on her front tuck and tripped over her own feet in her leap pass (Old L6) AND she had fallen on her squat on and Flyaway AND full turn and BWO on beam. She did NOT get a do over... and she missed qualifying by 0.40.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back